Great song covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the Bob Dylan covers...

Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

• The local rock station is doing an all-cover weekend. Just heard Billy Idol cover "Don't You Forget About Me".

I think the word I'm looking for is... atrocity?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I would have gone with abortion, but I think atrocity is acceptable.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Ah, yes, that is more in line with what I was thinking.

And I like Billy Idol. But, holy ****, that was ****ing terrible.

Comment

• I looked for it on Youtube when I saw your post, thinking "Come on, it's Billy Idol. How bad can it be?" I was wrong. Badly, badly wrong.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• On the plus side, that same radio station played a more-than-acceptable live version of "Helter Skelter" by Oasis, of all bands.

Comment

• Who could have predicted that Oasis, of all bands, would be able to successfully copy the Beatles?
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• "Successfully" being the key word there, Drake. I'd normally expect an Oasis version of "Helter Skelter" to be execrable, but this was actually pretty good. Not Beatles, of course, but still damned good.

Comment

• You're being too hard on Oasis. They made a very successful career out of copying the Beatles. They're quite good at it.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• They released some decent songs that sounded like the Beatles, but I'd never heard them do an actual Beatles song. The fact that their performance of Helter Skelter was 10x better than any of their other releases is telling.

Comment

• Better than "Don't Look Back in Anger"? I'm skeptical...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          They released some decent songs that sounded like the Beatles, but I'd never heard them do an actual Beatles song. The fact that their performance of Helter Skelter was 10x better than any of their other releases is telling.
                          Erm, I am the Walrus?

That was a bloody good version. I used to like Oasis until covering a couple of their own songs, which were a ****ing tedious dirge to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            On the plus side, that same radio station played a more-than-acceptable live version of "Helter Skelter" by Oasis, of all bands.
                            Oasis has always had a very strong Beatles influence.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I can't believe we haven't done all the Led Zeppelin covers yet. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Black Mountain Side, Bring It On Home, Communication Breakdown, Custard Pie, Dazed and Confused, Hats Off to (Roy) Harper, How Many More Times, In My Time of Dying, The Lemon Song, Moby Dick, Nobody's Fault But Mine, Since I've Been Loving You, Stairway to Heaven and Whole Lotta Love are all great covers/ripoffs.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X