No announcement yet.

Great song covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probably the best of their songs, however, as you don't have to listen to Geddy Lee's voice.
    Sums up my feelings on Rush nicely. Great technique, no soul, and I cringe whenever the vocals come in.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
      Begun in the last 10 years or active in the last 10 years?

Note that I can't name a single good Canadian band under either interpretation of the question.
      The Arcade Fire

Honourable mentions to the Sam Roberts Band, Matt Mays and El Torpedo
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Great technique, no soul, and I cringe whenever the vocals come in.

QFT

The Arcade Fire

I liked Montreal until I found out The Arcade Fire was from there.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I like The Arcade Fire despite the fact that they are from Montreal.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• They're pretentious French *****. Don't stoop to this level just to try and prove me wrong.

edit:
            "I'm a fan of them on one level, but on another level I get really tired of their pompousness," says Coyne. "We've played some shows with them and they really treat people like ****. Whenever I've been around them, I've found that they not only treated their crew like ****, they treated the audience like ****. They treated everybody in their vicinity like ****. I thought, 'Who do they think they are?' I don't know why people put up with it. I wouldn't put up with it. I don't care if it's Arcade Fire or Brian Eno. If either of them walked into a room and treated people like **** I'd be like, '**** you, get outta here.'

He continues, "People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it. Those sort of opinions change my view of their music. They have good tunes, but they're ******, so **** 'em. Who does Arcade Fire think they are? I've been around groups. I've been around the Edge from U2 and he's the ****ing sweetest guy ever. I was around Justin Timberlake when he was young and he was just a normal, nice, kind person. Anyone can be polite and kind and people who have the privilege and money and attention should understand that. If they don't, then **** 'em."

Coyne
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
              Name one good British rock band from the past 10 years.
              Here are two, off the top of my head:

Clinic, debuted in '99

Art Brut, debuted in '05

The UK's output is pretty decent, normalized by population. Far better than Canadia.

Their main problem doesn't really have to do with rock, but is that Euros have zero affinity for hip hop.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

• Art Brut is ****ing awful.

Disclaimer: The only song I have heard of theirs is the new one about alcoholism or whatever.

Never heard of Clinic, so I've no doubt they're an outstanding arthouse band which no one cares for but those with an image to project.

Comment

• The newest British band that is any good is Band of Skulls.

Comment

• Don't forget Does It Offend You, Yeah?...

Video for Does It Offend You, Yeah?'s new upcoming single, Dawn Of The Dead.The £5 bundle including 3x formats, a t-shirt and a poster!http://doesitoffendyou...

Good song, terrible video.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                      Don't forget Does It Offend You, Yeah...

Video for Does It Offend You, Yeah?'s new upcoming single, Dawn Of The Dead.The £5 bundle including 3x formats, a t-shirt and a poster!http://doesitoffendyou...

Good song, terrible video.
                      You're just saying that because you want to get into protein's pants...

Comment

• seriously, who wants to sleep with the drummer of a band?
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          Art Brut is ****ing awful.

Disclaimer: The only song I have heard of theirs is the new one about alcoholism or whatever.

Art Brut's newer albums are inferior to their debut. The second album is awful, and the third one (where that song is probably from) is ok.

Never heard of Clinic, so I've no doubt they're an outstanding arthouse band which no one cares for but those with an image to project.

Coming from a guy who's first example of an outstanding rock band is Arcade Fire.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
                            seriously, who wants to sleep with the drummer of a band?
                            Small-town farm boys from Nebraska looking for a ticket out of town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo View Post

Coming from a guy who's first example of an outstanding rock band is Arcade Fire.
                              They're not obscure in the slightest.

Comment

• You're just saying that because you want to get into protein's pants...

I probably wouldn't keep bagging on their video if that was the case.

seriously, who wants to sleep with the drummer of a band?

Who wouldn't? Two points...

1. Drummers are usually the craziest and most athletic people in bands. Good if you like it rough.

2. Tommy Lee's ****
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X