No announcement yet.

Great song covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More seriously protein promised me free tickets to their Toronto show last year and didn't come through.

And I'll be damned if I give my former colonial overlords a dime.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• They're not obscure in the slightest.

That's completely dependent on the social circle. But I wasn't aware that popularity among wannabe hipsters is a proxy for quality. I added the video for a reason.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

• It's not really just the social circle. They get regular airplay both on local (Canadian) radio and the American satellite radio I listen to. And everyone here seems to know who they are, even if they aren't fans.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I know who they are, but NYC is full of hipster fags who listen to that kind of ****.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
            Who wouldn't? Two points...

1. Drummers are usually the craziest and most athletic people in bands. Good if you like it rough.

2. Tommy Lee's ****
            1. Aaron North.

2. Tommy Lee's **** is the exception that proves the rule.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
              seriously, who wants to sleep with the drummer of a band?
              Someone who knows enough to stay away from musicians.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                It's not really just the social circle. They get regular airplay both on local (Canadian) radio and the American satellite radio I listen to. And everyone here seems to know who they are, even if they aren't fans.
                One of Canada's few recent musical exports gets play in Canadian radio and a few out of hundreds of satellite radio stations. That's truly unpossible.

I'm not saying that they're not considerably more popular than Clinic. They obviously are, probably by a couple orders of magnitude. But Arcade Fire's music is definitely a niche market (it's not anything close to, say, Coldplay's scale), roughly coincident with the kind of hipster scene that you were trying to mock. So it's amusing watching you talk **** about a band due to lack of popularity.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

• Arcade Fire isn't a pop act but they're not obscure.

To be obscure in an already niche market is to be ****.

Comment

• A good example of reinterpreting a classic rock tune with a personal twist while retaining the tone of the original.

Dar Williams, "Comfortably Numb" (with Ani DiFranco)

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The Who - Summertime Blues
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Much better than the original. Springsteen...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• springsteen is a ****ing hack.
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• I agree.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Tweeter and the Monkey Man: The Headstones

Love the Travelling Wilbury's, but this is one of my favorite songs. Video blows but it was the best audio i could find of the song. "In Kingston everything's legal man, as long as you don't get caught" They're from Kingston (Where I'm at), but have been broke up for 6 or 7 years now. Would have loved to see them live.

Comment

• Brian Ferry - A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Not embedding for some reason - here's the link: Brian Ferry - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URoLRz4yJZY

Comment

Working...
                                X