No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Thursday is Remembrance Day -- in elementary school, we'd used to have an assembly every year and invited local veterans to come to it. The student body would be arranged to always sing "One Tin Soldier", so every year I endlessly associate them now...

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• And I don't think I've posted this one before.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I remember Billy Jack very well. At the time, it was a good movie. I might need to watch it again, all these years later.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The Billy Jack version that I embedded is a (very good) cover of the original. The original was by a folk-pop group from Calgary in the mid to late 1960s called Original Caste.

Comment

• "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• This thread needs some decent music.

Comment

• I like how theres so many different types and stlyes of music being posted. That mayer hawthorne stuff is pretty great, but that one video is a bit to hipster kitsch for me.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• It's not on me to do a veteran's thread, so I'll put it here.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
                        This thread needs some decent music.

Comment

• Comment

• "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
                              This thread needs some decent music.
                              Alright. Go ahead and post some decent music then. I don't know what that was that you posted

Anyway, a classic...

Pete Rock & CL Smooth's Mecca and the Soul Brother embodied an entire generation of rap of the early 1990's. Pete Rock's instrumentals became the standard of the era and CL Smooth's complex lyricism combined with Nation of Islam-inspired social consciousness became the standard to which Nas and several other acts aspired to. Pure classic.

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; November 12, 2010, 16:00.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Some classic Black Eyed Peas pre-Fergie.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X