Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ZEE
    replied
    .
    Last edited by ZEE; December 26, 2010, 04:43.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • C0ckney
    replied
    i remember the national from way back, i think i had some songs of their first album (long time ago now, maybe 2001?) and also the cherry tree EP. will have to check out their more recent stuff.



    smith 'n' hack - space warrior

    Leave a comment:


  • Nostromo
    replied
    Yeah, I'll have to check them out.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    allmusic and artistdirect think highly of them. I'm going to try out "Boxer". I can get it right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asher
    replied
    Getting ridiculously into The National. I bought "High Violet" (the new album) after hearing lots of great things and "Bloodbuzz Ohio", and love it. I then went and bought "Boxer", the album before. Loved it. I then went and bought "Alligator", the album before. Loved it. I then just bought the entire damn collection. Love it.

    It's the mellow angst/depression I think I like best about it. It perfectly suits the singer's baritone voice, and there's some true musicianship going on in all of the songs as well. Not just your typical beats, etc. Lots of layers.





    Leave a comment:


  • self biased
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • C0ckney
    replied
    cool stuff nostromo (and the one you posted aviso), the ennio morricone ones are timeless, classic films, classic soundtracks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Meticulous Man
    replied
    Solaris theme song:



    Willow's Song from The Wicker Man:

    Last edited by Meticulous Man; July 17, 2010, 13:30.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nostromo
    replied
    Wow, C0ckney unleashed

    I'm into movie soundtracks.

    Ennio Morricone:





    George Delerue, from the movie Contempt:



    Handel and Schubert, from Kubrick's Barry Lyndon:





    Henri Purcell, the funeral of Queen Mary, from Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange. (A pretty good cover of Wendy Carlos'. Can't seem to find the original):



    Richard Wagner, Götterdämmerung - Siegfried's Funeral March. They used it in the movie Excalibur.



    Duke Ellington, Anatomy of a murder

    Leave a comment:


  • Meticulous Man
    replied
    Finland's national treasure:



    Leave a comment:


  • C0ckney
    replied
    i've started to upload my vast c86 collection to grooveshark. here's a couple of brilliant tracks from oz band even as we speak.



    even as we speak - beautiful day



    even as we speak - best kept secret

    Leave a comment:


  • C0ckney
    replied


    be your own pet - thresher's flail



    be your own pet - bunk, trunk, skunk

    Leave a comment:


  • C0ckney
    replied
    these girls reference talk talk with their name and also share a producer with the raveonettes.



    dum dum girls - bhang bhang, i'm a burnout



    dum dum girls - jail la la



    dum dum girls - it only takes one night

    speaking of the ravonettes



    the raveonettes - aly, walk with me (live)
    Last edited by C0ckney; July 16, 2010, 22:51.

    Leave a comment:


  • C0ckney
    replied


    technicolour & komatic - daydreamer

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X