Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    A-ha made other songs besides Take On Me? I notice that their singer sings in English so much instead of Norwegian.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    a knock on something is like a strike against something.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied
    Here's a fantastic song:

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    No it was the praise/inspiration stuff that was rough for me. Not the sound itself. If I didn't know English and didn't know what they were saying, I would like it better.

    I don't dislike Christian music exactly... it's just that it's a knock on it for me. I don't know if you understand the English expression.

    Like I like the following song by an otherwise secular singer... if he made an all-gospel album, though, ehh... it just would be a knock on it but since I like his voice and music in general, I'd probably still listen to it but it would come second to his secular stuff.

    Now when it's already a genre I'm iffy about (rock) and it's Christian well that's two knocks on it and I'd probably say no thanks.




    Oh and listening to the Transatlantic stuff... so far it sounds pretty good
    Never heard that expression before. Dictionary.com has never heard of it either. What does it mean? I naturally like Christian lyrics, I'm a Christian as you know. I like the message. Doesn't mean I can't like other either, and I don't see why you shouldn't like a song just because it has lyrics you disagree with. Most songs are in disagreement with my world view in one way or another these days, and have been for a few decades, but I can still value the songs for what they are worth.

    Glad you like Transatlantic, it's one of my favourites. I love the music.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
    I have a diverse taste. But what was wrong with the song above? Just that it was Christian, that it was too heavy(hard to imagine, but still)? I enjoy your music very much, more than most posted here, but sometimes one need some real kicking music. The one above was pretty non-hard though.
    No it was the praise/inspiration stuff that was rough for me. Not the sound itself. If I didn't know English and didn't know what they were saying, I would like it better.

    I don't dislike Christian music exactly... it's just that it's a knock on it for me. I don't know if you understand the English expression.

    Like I like the following song by an otherwise secular singer... if he made an all-gospel album, though, ehh... it just would be a knock on it but since I like his voice and music in general, I'd probably still listen to it but it would come second to his secular stuff.

    Now when it's already a genre I'm iffy about (rock) and it's Christian well that's two knocks on it and I'd probably say no thanks.




    Oh and listening to the Transatlantic stuff... so far it sounds pretty good

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied


    If you want a really relaxed, slow song of awesomeness, look no further.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied


    Again, from a little over 1 min it really takes off.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied


    Very good, especially from 1.11 and onwards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied
    I have a diverse taste. But what was wrong with the song above? Just that it was Christian, that it was too heavy(hard to imagine, but still)? I enjoy your music very much, more than most posted here, but sometimes one need some real kicking music. The one above was pretty non-hard though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
    Is that a problem? I listen to Metallica too from time to time.
    Metallica is 10x worse than that Christian rock song in my mind. I'm no fan of the headbanging loudness of rock music.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied
    *arisk

    And while I have a very diverse music taste, that music is not my style. I love harder rock like modern prog rock though. Neal Morse, Transatlantic, Spock's Beard, Karmakanic......

    Leave a comment:


  • Zoetstofzoetje
    replied
    Norsk arysk black metal!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Nikolai is posting Christian rock
    Is that a problem? I listen to Metallica too from time to time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Nikolai is posting Christian rock


    I probably posted this before when the song came out but **** it... Lupe



    "One in the air for the people that ain’t here
    Two in the air for the father that’s there
    Three in the air for the kids in the ghetto
    Four for the kids who don’t wanna be there
    None for the n-ggas trying to hold them back
    Five in the air for the teacher not scared
    to tell those kids thats living in the ghetto that the n-ggas holdin back that the World is theirs!"

    "For these ghetto girls and boys im rapping round the world for!
    Africa to New York, Haiti then I detour, Oakland out to Auckland
    Gaza Strip to Detroit, say hip-hop only destroy
    Tell em look at me, boy!"

    Preach, Lupe
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 26, 2011, 21:22.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X