Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    You put up river dance! ****ing river dance! get out the thread now!
    If you can't dance to that, you can't dance at all.


    (and LOTD !=Riverdance)

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
    "Put a beat on, I want to spit on a track"
    I don't care. That has nothing to do with my point. Cassidy is CLEARLY the better battle rapper. Cassidy is a punchline monster... or rather... "Punchline Champion, you got rhymes but I heard them all before like Sunshine Anderson". He also has crazy multisyllable rhymes.

    That's not the point. I'm not saying Freeway is better than Cassidy. I'm saying Freeway is creative with his delivery in ways that other rappers are not. Did you listen to what I told you to listen to? Do you see what Free is doing there? He's rhyming internally/off beat, separating rhymes by several lines, etc. things that you NEVER see rappers do. Free is being creative. He's breaking the typical mold of 12 syllable bars with stressed end-rhymes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Originally posted by Thoth View Post
    The bastards disabled embedding on this one, but if this doesn't move you to dance then you have no soul.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ZF2nbO43g


    You put up river dance! ****ing river dance! get out the thread now!

    Leave a comment:


  • Thoth
    replied
    The bastards disabled embedding on this one, but if this doesn't move you to dance then you have no soul.




    Plus some obligatory tasteless ****.

    Last edited by Thoth; September 1, 2010, 18:20.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZEE
    replied
    .
    Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:46. Reason: posted the entire thing instead of a snippet

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    See, what Freeway does is he has off-rhymes... he rhymes internally not on the end line/beat and he has far callback rhymes where he returns to the rhyme several lines later which you never see anyone else do.

    Listen to Free on Big Spender:



    If you really pay attention to Free's rhyme scheme, he's real creative with it. People don't ever notice it, though. I've said it before but it seems like the only people that like Freeway are people who rap cause we can appreciate what he's doing and most people don't notice it:



    Check his lyrics after 1:50. His scheme is crazy.
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; September 1, 2010, 17:38.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Most rappers are very conservative about their delivery and rhyme schemes now a days, to be honest. The only ones who really are breaking down walls in terms of scheme and flow are the guys who coincidentally are from my neighborhood... Freeway and Peedi Crack. Peedi Crack is very repetitive though. That's his problem. He'd rather smoke weed all the time than make songs.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZEE
    replied
    .
    Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:45.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    Capone sounds the same as he has always sounded on every song. Neither Nore nor Capone are all that versatile to begin with.

    Nore has a droning steady flow and also a dah dah dah pause dah dah dah flow on his hype songs. That's two styles

    Leave a comment:


  • ZEE
    replied
    .
    Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:45.

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    I don't know about Capone being better than Nore. Nore fell off big time, especially when he out of nowhere embraced his Spanish roots and started making reggaeton music, but he was alright back in the War Report days. I live in the Puerto Rican part of Philly so I've heard so much Oye Mi Canto **** I almost forgot how Nore used to be. Capone had an annoying high pitched voice I never liked. The thing about Nore was that he was more like a mix between Wu-Tang and Cam'Ron in his lyrics... so he said some really weird stuff with a lot of Wu-style 5-percenter references but he had hot songs.

    That's the thing with Nore. He took full advantage of Neptunes production to make some hot songs. I'm surprised you have a negative opinion of him. You said you care more about beats than lyrics. Why don't you like songs like Superthug?

    Leave a comment:


  • ZEE
    replied
    .
    Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:45.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thoth
    replied
    REM: Radio Free Europe



    REM: It's the end of the world as we know it

    Leave a comment:


  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    AAHZ, Tragedy is one of the most underrated rappers. He should have gotten top-billing in CNN since he's on almost every song. He was superior to both Capone and Nore in every way. All I listened to in high school was Tragedy and Cormega.



    "Velvet garments, gun holster under armpits
    Mahdi, part thug, God, part Islamic
    Breastfed with Henny, our fathers were convicts
    Sold garbage, gave our souls to the harlots
    Helicopters and choppers hover above us
    Face the jury and the judges with foul grudges
    No one to love us, the streets kidnapped our mothers
    They cried liquor, caught in the hood gettin' smothered
    With no guidance, we grew up without fathers"

    Holy **** he's the ****.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thoth
    replied
    Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
    Thoth, I know you are trying hard to get to 3000 posts, but stop flooding.
    ****** I have that bloody many?

    bugger.


    Can a mod please give me a PCR?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X