No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if this doesn't make you want to dance then consult a doctor immediately.

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• I can't guarantee you'll dance to this, but I've always enjoyed Lisa Germano's unclassifiable brand of music, and this is just such a fun song....

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• If anyone doesn't know the music of Gillian Welch, make a space in your schedule for a song or two... she's good.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Sea winds and dark eyes... in Galveston.

Comment

• From one end of the Big Country to t'other... Anchorage.

Comment

• A four track promotional c.d. bought on a whim at a record fair in Victoria was the start of a long and rewarding relationship with Mary Chapin Carpenter's music... one of my favourite covers, too. Lucinda Williams was well served in that regard...

Comment

• And another favourite. It has to be the full length version, because the slow burn intro. is essential for the full power impact of the impassioned ending... this album was so astonishing when I heard it, as good in its own way as 'Horses', 'Low', 'For Your Pleasure' or any of the other albums that meant so very much to me when I was growing up.

The late, the very great, Isaac Hayes:

Last edited by molly bloom; April 17, 2012, 08:05.

Comment

• Grace Jones does an intriguing Franco-reggae blend...

Comment

• Some people slagged this off when it came out, but as someone who bought the original, I still enjoyed this take on it. And of course it has the luscious Roland Gift singing it. I'd have drunk his bathwater....

Comment

• Here she comes, watch your step...

Comment

• A beautiful Scott Walker song given the Mambas treatment...

she's a haunted house.

Comment

• No colours any more ! demand the Mo-dettes...

Comment

• John Shaft- but not as you know him. Given the Sheffield steel make over:

Comment

• No moss gathering allowed.

Comment

• One of the covers of his work of which Mr. Reed approves:

Comment

Working...
                                X