A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Tedeschi Trucks Band - Revelator, released today.

Midnight In Harlem
    nice sloww, especially after about 4:30.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• the railway children - brighter
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• another classic trancer from back in the day.

dj alici - ankhesenamun (the lost love mix)

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
          That was one of 3-6 mafia's 'underground garage' albums made in a basement somewhere with a tape deck in the 90's and 2 ****ty used beat machines. The tape itself used to transfer the music was probably damaged and extensively and painstakingly transferred through several digital recorders and converters just so it could be preserved as a piece of musical history. The "Terrible Nursery Rhyme" delivery you hear here helped kick off the entire modern day Memphis Horrorcore movement... and that "terrible second rapper" is none other than DJ Paul (Lord Infamous' brother), current frontman of 3-6 and one of the most respected, wealthiest, and innovative rappers/producers in this planet's history.

man I love it when you put your foot in your mouth, Albert.

It's trash. It reminds me of Lil B.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; June 9, 2011, 04:32.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

you're trash

the fact you dont like it gives it moar credibility and merit than you can possibly imagine, and strengthens my Memphis roots deeper than anything you can dream of in your ****ty messed up nightmare you call a life
              Whatever keeps your dick hard.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; June 9, 2011, 04:31.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

• THIS IS THE HOMELESS BUM LOSER TRYING TO DISCREDIT ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL RAP GROUPS IN HISTORY
                  shut up sad act. at least al has created something and put himself on the line by putting it out there.

all you've done is posted yet more ****ty rap from ****ty rappers.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; June 9, 2011, 04:31.
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

• Thanks, Cockney, but it was my fault for criticizing his music. I shouldn't have said anything. But since I've opened this up...

My delivery is the only thing that's holding me back. And true; that's weak. But that DJ Paul's delivery on that track I commented on was terrible and far worse. He was mumbling; having these long-ass run-on bars; barely hitting the snare. He raped like a teenager just learning how to rap. Maybe he has improved since those dark days recording on a tape recorder; he probably has; but that delivery was pitiful.

See, because my delivery is my weakest attribute, I pay extra close attention to other rappers' deliveries. I'm trying to learn. But that's what makes me qualified to judge the technical aspects of someone else's delivery.

Let's break it down.

He's monotone and droning throughout his verse. He doesn't switch up his rhyme scheme to pique the listener's ear with dynamic rhyme schemes, he doesn't put emotion to his words; hell, he doesn't even enunciate his words. At 2:22 in, before he says "muddy creek", he is straight mumbling. What the hell does he say? He continues to do that throughout the verse where entire lines are mumbled away. The 3 bars before and after he says "grass", his bars are too long. They sound awkward because they're too long. The way he says "to his feet" sounds so awkward because he takes his breath before the end-rhyme.

Lyrically, his rhymes are simplistic and monosyllabic; though it's hard to figure out what he's saying with his enunciation, he does not utilize any punch-lines, similes, metaphors, etc.

Comment

• Compare that early DJ Paul's (he may have improved though, I don't know) delivery to Jay-Z. It's night and day. Jay-Z is a master at delivery. Everything Jay-Z does right is the opposite on that Three 6 Mafia track.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; June 9, 2011, 04:30.
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

THIS IS THE HOMELESS BUM LOSER TRYING TO DISCREDIT ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL RAP GROUPS IN HISTORY
                            Thanks for the views, AAHZ. How many should I thank you for, son?

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; June 9, 2011, 04:30.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

• Bout to make AAHZ mad.

Comment

Working...
                                X