No announcement yet.

A Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the chills - look for the good in others they'll see the good in you (live)
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post

the chills - look for the good in others they'll see the good in you (live)
      Nice.

Straight ahead chug + Ian Curtis style lyrics. Win.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoth View Post
          Nice.

Straight ahead chug + Ian Curtis style lyrics. Win.
          i've got their entire discography. cool band, although a lot of their stuff you can file under 'whiny indie crap', they do have some great moments to make up for it. i need to put them online at some point as there's a real shortage of their recorded stuff out there.

here's a band that i think you'll like (you may know them already). the viletones, late 70s candian punk. i've been listening to them a lot lately, here's what i consider to be their two best songs.

the viletones - screaming fist

the viletones - danger boy
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• narcotic thrust - when the dawn breaks (dogzilla remix)

Comment

• I think the refrain goes "the young girl of Spring - where she comes from, nobody knows"... but my Russian is not that good, let alone my Ukrainian

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                i've got their entire discography. cool band, although a lot of their stuff you can file under 'whiny indie crap', they do have some great moments to make up for it. i need to put them online at some point as there's a real shortage of their recorded stuff out there.

here's a band that i think you'll like (you may know them already). the viletones, late 70s candian punk. i've been listening to them a lot lately, here's what i consider to be their two best songs.

the viletones - screaming fist

the viletones - danger boy

I like (Albie: don't listen to this, you won't like it)

Oldtime screamin' eff you lyrics.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Don't worry. I see white people dressed like homosexuals and I know to avoid it.

Going to make AAHZ feel real old...

Hey AAHZ, this song was made 10 years ago... TEN years ago...

Two-way the new way to flirt
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Albie
                    Two-ways the new way to flirt
                    ie: The way to not get any until you're a corpse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                      ie: The way to not get any until you're a corpse.
                      huh? I was just pointing out outdated lyrics. He's referencing a two-way pager.

I'm f-ing with AAHZ to make him (and me ) feel old.
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        huh? I was just pointing out outdated lyrics. He's referencing a two-way pager.

I'm f-ing with AAHZ to make him (and me ) feel old.

Young people of today.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 29, 2011, 09:02.
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

• The National's latest song...from the Portal 2 soundtrack? Such a haunting song doesn't seem like it belongs there.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 29, 2011, 09:01.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

• poly stryrene RIP

Punk singer Poly Styrene, former singer with the X Ray Spex, has died at the age of 53 after suffering from cancer.

She was one of the first female punk icons, whose unorthodox yet infectious style was highly influential.

Real name Marianne Elliot-Said, she had cancer of the spine and breast.

A statement on her official Twitter feed said: "We can confirm that the beautiful Poly Styrene, who has been a true fighter, won her battle on Monday evening to go to higher places."

Poly Styrene formed her band after watching the Sex Pistols perform on Hastings Pier on her 18th birthday and became known for her unpolished vocals and energetic rallying cries against consumerism and environmental destruction.

x-ray spex - oh bondage up yours, identity, the day the world turned dayglo

Comment

Working...
                                X