My Boy is Allergic to Peanuts and Milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher View Post
    He's been drinking milk but depending on how much he gets the runs. Cheese, however, gives him hives.

You're not talking about human milk, are you?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Yak milk.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I was allergic to milk when I was a kid. Still am, but it only seems to affect me at random times.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I am allergic to peanuts. It's mild, but irrirating. (inside of mouth and lips swells and itches like hell).

I was also allergic to eggs, but now I am ok with them, though I still can't eat it because it tastes like ****. I guess that's due to me never growing up eating them.
          be free

Comment

Milk allergies are often temporary in infants. My second kid was left lactose-intolerant after a virus when 10 months old- we just had her on soy milk for 6 months, and were then able to reintroduce milk again with no problems after that.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              I'd read that peanut reactions were way up these days. I don't remember hearing why, though.
              I'm curious about why also. Has there been any explanation for the bump? I'd never heard of peanut allergies until high school, but they seem common among kids born after 1990ish.

When I was in Elementary school we had an annual "Peanut Day" where kids would do activities and earn peanuts. You'd usually wind up with a big old bag full of peanuts (in the shell). You could never do that these days.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Well, I don't know if it's available in your neighborhood, but there is such a thing as almond butter. I've had it (also allergic to peanuts, albeit mildly), and it's okay on sandwiches.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

That must add a lot to the cost.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    I'd read that peanut reactions were way up these days. I don't remember hearing why, though.
                    mexicans
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Kid loves soy milk, he drank soy baby formula until recently so it must remind him of that.

I was going to look at Nutella
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Nutella is better if you eat it
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

thanks for the advice!@
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

well you said you were going to look at it

i heard that sarcasm was like the 3rd step in becoming a serial killer
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

after torturing animals and tripping old people
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This is one of those things that you read and forget where you read it, but I seem to remember something about overcoming peanut allergies by slowly incrementing a teeny tiny amount.
                                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                                X