• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pseudointellectuals who try too hard
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
      I'd just prefer a director who knows when to stop and has some notion of what longueur means.
      Everyone knows what that means. Such as "my dick is longueur than yours".
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        Actually this one did not. Though it did have something a bit similar (I like to call it the "identification as a Nazi shot").
        You could also put the conversation between Shosanna and the Col. in this category. Reverse of the naive camera angle, shows reactions to the action instead of the action itself.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I don't understand why so many people think this is the best movie ever made. I saw it with a bunch of kids from school, who were seeing it for the 2nd or 3rd time! I thought it was a decent movie.

Comment

It was pretty good, not Tarantino's best (that would be pulp fiction). And still can't beat Sin City.

Comment

It's far better than Sin City.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Eh. Just saw it with my brother. Pretty bad. I suppose I'd think it clever if I saw all the movies it was referencing, but on its own merits it wasn't too great. The violence was pointless and the plot rather silly. A few humorous moments, but that's it.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The plot was silly, but that's hardly the point.

My only complaint - my roommate won't shut up about the Bear Jew.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X