X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P Adam Smith
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

Terrible news. He was a good man.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

He was one of the most interesting people here, and in person when I met him at a Polymeet.

Comment

That's very sad news
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

NOOOO!!!!! Everyone who posts here is supposed to live forever!

I liked him because, even though I'm sure he was a bit on the conservative side he always came across as nonpartisan and only interested in the facts. That's becoming a rarity these days.

Plus he had a Calvin avatar. How could I not like him? RIP, Adam. I'm reminded of your sig...

Old posters never die.
                They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Grrr, cancer sucks. Adam, you'll be missed.

LoM, Link to an obit, maybe?
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Oh, no. What was the matter?
                      At Scott's (a/k/a Adam Smith) request, I didn't say anything about it here. But now that he has passed, I think it's fine to release some details.

In March, during a routine colonoscopy, he was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma, a rare cancer of the small intestine. When he last contacted me in July, he had been through radiation therapy and was starting on chemo. To be honest, I'm shocked that he passed so quickly.

I cannot find an obituary, but will post a link when I do.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

He was definitely one of the best posters around.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Damn. I liked him also. He wasn't just polite to me in public, but in pms as well. A genuinely informative person, who, even if he didn't agree with you, treated you seriously and with respect.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

RIP
                            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Every time someone dies its like a library burning down. This is tragic.

RIP
                              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

That's a good way of putting it.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X