No announcement yet.

Adam Smith is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that is appalling news. Poor fellow. It's hard on the family when it is so quick (my Dad was the same), although much worse in the case of someone lacking AS's fine character.

RIP.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
      I think he hasn't posted in years (EDIT: I was corrected via PM, he did post but in threads I didn't happen to read), but from what I remember, he never insulted people. This stands out on online forums, you know . I used to attribute it to him being older than his oponents. Yet now that I know that mature does not equal calm, I know it was a sign of a good-natured man.

Rest in peace.
      Indeed. RIP AS!
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Sorry to hear this.

He was one of the few guys here older than I am. Dang, the list is thinning as fast as my hair.

Oh Frak! He was actually 5 years younger than I am. That is bad news.
        Last edited by Dr Strangelove; August 20, 2009, 21:46.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Grim, huh?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I shed a few tears for the man tonight, and my eyes aren't quite dry yet. Decided to look up what his last post was.

Adam Smith: the 4 trillion dollar man
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Adam Smith

Barbara Boxer
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I don't know that this is the place to discuss it, but Boxer was correct, ultimately.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Could we get off talking about Barbara Boxer? I just wanted to point out that going back to his last post made me smile.

AS
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Merde! One less sane polytubbie.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                          I shed a few tears for the man tonight, and my eyes aren't quite dry yet. Decided to look up what his last post was.
                          WIMP!

Actually I got misty-eyed myself when I 1st read he died. Which is crazy since I never met him. I guess I'm a softie.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                            At Scott's (a/k/a Adam Smith) request, I didn't say anything about it here. But now that he has passed, I think it's fine to release some details.
                            That's really too bad. It would have been nice for him to know how respected he was.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh, ****. That sucks. I didn't know he was sick.

RIP, Adam Smith.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I echo everyone else's comments - damn fine poster. I never met him in person, but I'll miss him just the same.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X