X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the first 8, will I be lost?
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I learned a new term today. fellatio barn. I'm going to use it everywhere, including work. I doubt that would get me into any kind of trouble...

as for the movie, never heard of it. Is it the new Cameron movie?

Comment

I thought it was worth my $10.
        B♭3

Comment

@Imraam:

How was it? On ten (and your impressions)
          bleh

Comment

Very good

9/10. It is showing in a documentary style in the beginning and the tension mounts and mounts as the movie goes throughout. The main character is acted brilliantly, by a guy who I've read has never acted before! The situation with the aliens is, of course, a direct analogy to Apartheid and it really tends to convey the point powerfully.

Highly recommend it!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Just saw it. Decent movie. I agree with Imran about the main character, the guy who plays him does a pretty good job. Loved the documentary-style cinematography, it makes everything "more believable". The movie refers apparently to the district 6 incident that occurred during the Apartheid. But it it only refers to it, as far as I can tell. Not sure there's something more substantial to get out of it. In that regards, its a lot less successful than War of the worlds was in its time. (IMO, they both belong to the same kind of sci-fi pioneered by HG Wells.)
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

It was good, though I wish the second half of the movie hadn't been one big action sequence.

Comment

I agree with Nostromo. I watched the movie, my opinion is this is a good science-fiction action movie, but there is nothing mind blowing about it. The action scenes are very good, the documentary style in the first half of the movie was very enjoyable and sometimes funny. But I think the movie is overrated.

I would rate this movie; 7.5/10 which means: I had a good time at the cinema, but nothing mind blowing.

In my rating systems; 7.5 is above average.
                  bleh

Comment

And the Star Trek movie kicked ass
                    You'll come to your senses, eventually...
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I saw it. Probably the best movie I've seen for a bit. Fresh and fairly original, albeit with a few overdone Hollywood bits.

The fact that those bits stand out is a good thing. The rest of the movie is generally good.

Tonewise, it's a little like Blood Diamond meets Wall-E.
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                        Fresh and fairly original
                        holy ****, no

call it good, call it awesome, give it an oscar, but don't call it "original" or "fresh". those are the least attributable adjectives to that film.

Comment

I thought it sucked.

3/10
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                            holy ****, no

call it good, call it awesome, give it an oscar, but don't call it "original" or "fresh". those are the least attributable adjectives to that film.
                            I disagree, but don't care enough to argue. I liked it, and that's what matters to me.
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

i clicked on this thread again so I could see "fellatio barn" once more
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There's special-interest websites that you can go to for that line of inquiry.

Or so I've heard.
                                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                                X