District 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• District 9

On my way going to the fellatio barn, I read a review of the movie : "district 9". The review praised has one of the best movie of the year. Anyone have seen it?

P.S.
    Last edited by CrONoS; August 14, 2009, 10:44.
    bleh

a) I'm probably going to go watch it, but I get the feeling it will be terrible

b) WTF is a "fellation barn"???
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'll happily download it.

It's a pro-apartheid movie, right? The allegory being that once you let the kaffirs out, all hell breaks loose? They start killing and raping and traveling in flying saucers? Because I really think that's a positive message for the kids.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        a) I'm probably going to go watch it, but I get the feeling it will be terrible
        I don't think it would be terrible (anyway it can't suck more than any superhero that have been out recently). But I am afraid they put too much emphasize on the "apartheid" aspect of the movie.

But I'll wait and see... It has been a long time since I have a seen a good sci-fi movie.

b) WTF is a "fellation barn"???[/QUOTE]

A joke, replace fellatio barn by brothel. (I thought fellatio barn would be pretty clear what is it)

bleh

Comment

Cronos, just to let you know, "fellation barn" would be grammatically acceptable in English as well...
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

fellatio barn
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Looks promising. Hope its better than the new Star Trek movie. What a crappy movie that was...
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

indeed
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's a pro-apartheid movie, right? The allegory being that once you let the kaffirs out, all hell breaks loose? They start killing and raping and traveling in flying saucers? Because I really think that's a positive message for the kids.
                  I don't know...South Africa has gone downhill significantly in the past 20 years, in terms of its' economy, public health, etc.....
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

NIce troll, but I'm not biting. The reviews in the paper this morning really praised the first hour, and while they thought it dropped off a bit in the second half, they still really liked it overall.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

South Africa has been going downhill ever since those damn aliens showed up. I saw a documentary about aliens recently with that narrator from the Discovery Channel version of Planet Earth. Apparently you have to nuke them from orbit.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Been getting some great reviews. I'll definitely see it. And the Star Trek movie kicked ass
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I will see it, but what a miserable title. It sounds like a cop movie, a boring cop movie based on true events.

Comment

I hate those.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Three reviews, all very positive. Plus, it's a rookie director and has the Peter Jackson factor (exec producer, FX at Weta Workshop). I want to see it.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X