Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • notyoueither
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
    Aeson: Imran, Elok, and I think self-biased on Facebook are complaining that when they try to access the site, their virus software is telling them that Poly has evil bad malware and they should stay away. Any idea what that might be about?

    He has a digital social disease and he shouldn't be visiting xxx.ru without a condom on his 'puter?

    So do you and so should you not be. Elok? Bwahahahaha!

    Leave a comment:


  • notyoueither
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    The main problem with doing so is advertisers and search engines don't like naughty words. We actually have ~5000 people a day come to Apolyton, most of them from Google, and that's what pays for the server. (Working on figuring out how to keep some of them around ... )

    Yeah, but they're searching for dick-girls. Give them and Loin what they are looking for and watch the traffic skyrocket!

    Leave a comment:


  • Lorizael
    replied
    Aeson: Imran, Elok, and I think self-biased on Facebook are complaining that when they try to access the site, their virus software is telling them that Poly has evil bad malware and they should stay away. Any idea what that might be about?

    Leave a comment:


  • joncha
    replied
    You could at least have the auto-censor replace the naughty words with something more amusing than ****.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    Can we remove the auto-censor? The mean age of posters must be about 40, and we have no minors.
    The main problem with doing so is advertisers and search engines don't like naughty words. We actually have ~5000 people a day come to Apolyton, most of them from Google, and that's what pays for the server. (Working on figuring out how to keep some of them around ... )

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Bugs ****ing Bunny
    replied
    Can we remove the auto-censor? The mean age of posters must be about 40, and we have no minors.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I have implemented an "ignore all" feature. It can appear different on different systems, but often looks like a red X in the corner of the browser.
    SO'S YOUR FACE

    Leave a comment:


  • Egbert
    replied
    Thank you Aeson. that is an excellent innovation.

    Could you also implement a feature allowing me to ignore my own posts please?

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    I have implemented an "ignore all" feature. It can appear different on different systems, but often looks like a red X in the corner of the browser.

    Leave a comment:


  • Egbert
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Sheesh, more people whine about my posts than I actually post.
    Yes

    We need a "ignore whineing about Ben" button.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Sheesh, more people whine about my posts than I actually post.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lorizael
    replied
    Originally posted by Sava View Post
    is there a way to make it so people on your ignore list are totally wiped off the forums

    like, their posts are invisible and not just blocked out
    I wish this were the case. I admit that sometimes I still look at BK's posts if I have a feeling they're going to be particularly offensive. I wish the temptation could be removed permanently.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Ben's posts are funnier now that most people are ignoring him. They are all desperate pleas for attention.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    is there a way to make it so people on your ignore list are totally wiped off the forums

    like, their posts are invisible and not just blocked out

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X