Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aeson
    replied
    I promise when I traffic you, it'll be totally consensual.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    Is human trafficking all that bad even? I mean come on. It's always being thrown around nowadays by the PC police. They're more like matchmakers for women who want to travel.

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    Originally posted by Sava View Post
    so nobody is an actual human trafficker?

    Except Aeson.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    so nobody is an actual human trafficker?

    Leave a comment:


  • notyoueither
    replied
    Originally posted by Sava View Post
    a summary would suffice kthx

    An internet mob created a story line about someone who chose to live a life that not many do. As internet mobs do, they made up **** based on the barest of facts and adopted it as reality. The end.

    Leave a comment:


  • Felch
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    Yeah, explain, what we really need is 6000 posts of bull**** arguments about all that again... Oh wait.
    What, you got something better to do with your time?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    a summary would suffice kthx

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    Yeah, explain, what we really need is 6000 posts of bull**** arguments about all that again... Oh wait.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    I vaguely remember this

    but not really

    explain!

    plz

    Leave a comment:


  • self biased
    replied
    Originally posted by Sava View Post
    why

    whats wrong with lancer?
    pardon me if i get this wrong....

    but he's the genesis of that whole philipina sex cult thing. he's also a charter member of the weeping panda club that i recall.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    why

    whats wrong with lancer?

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Lancer, if it wasn't for Ben, you'd be the most hated person here. But don't let that diminish how vile I think you are.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lancer
    replied
    Lazy and mean?

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I've been busy the last couple days and wasn't able to see a lot of what was going on. I've gone through the threads and it looks like the participants in all the current conflicts are participating voluntarily. I want to reiterate a couple points though:

    - MikeH is a saint and you should cherish him as a moderator. Neither Ming or I are nearly so patient. Bear that in mind going forward ...

    - Death threats are not ok. (I haven't seen any posts which qualify recently.)

    - If you have a real problem with what another poster is doing, please notify me or one of the other admins/moderators about it privately rather than attack publicly. If you're playing the same game they are, I'm going to assume it's consensual. That will make it very hard to make a case for moderation that doesn't include yourself being moderated as well. So just keep that in mind.

    - We used to have a rule, "discuss the topic, not the poster". We could go back to this if people in the OT want. I want to keep the OT rules serving the posters here, since that's the only reason it's here.

    - For now the rule is more "discuss the topic, another topic, or the poster's failings as a human, not their ethnicity/sexuality in a hatespeech sort of way". Some of the gender and nationality/ethnicity bashing that's been going on lately is pushing it. If it's kept as a joke that's one thing, but when it becomes outright bigotry that's another. As with the last point, consensual is ok ... but when you're using stereotypes (especially very negative ones with loaded words) you're making it much less likely your fight is consensual with all parties concerned. If we get complaints from people who are hit with or disgusted by collateral damage on those types of topics there will likely be moderation, especially if it's an on-going issue. All the bans that have happened in recent years have fallen under this rule.

    - Fights spilling into other threads does become an issue if it happens too much. I don't know if there's a good way to deal with it, but I am open for suggestions. The ignore feature and ignore in quotes can help but aren't complete measures.
    Good post.

    Don't mistake my laziness for niceness though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Sure

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X