• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use an ad blocker to keep out Google's sharia propaganda
    Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      I don't choose the ads directly. Google does, after analysing your soul and search engine history to find out what your weaknesses are and exploit them. I have tried to choose ads directly before and failed miserably each time due to having morals and ethics. So I hire out my exploitation and pretend it's different.
      So now you have $40 a month instead of a soul?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        Google Ads knows what users wish for
        That will be true when they start trying to sell me guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
          I use an ad blocker to keep out Google's sharia propaganda
          Has Nike started promoting it's pro-hijab already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

That will be true when they start trying to sell me guns.
            This will the next thing Google Ads is trying to selll you. After it sold you a wifey
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• The site is still horribly slow for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Has Nike started promoting it's pro-hijab already?
                Do you even know what an ad blocker is?
                Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                  The site is still horribly slow for me.
                  Same here.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Ditto
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Sometimes it's a bit slow for me, but not sure if that's my connection or not. Sometimes the site is rather quick though.

Comment

• Considering the experience on a forum where I am mod, this may be the result of the order in which frames are loaded ...
                        i.e. if the frames containing google ads are in loading order above the other frames, and the google ad is slowly loading,
                        this may severely slow down the loading of the whoe forums page
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          The site is still horribly slow for me.
                          Post more.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                            Considering the experience on a forum where I am mod, this may be the result of the order in which frames are loaded ...
                            i.e. if the frames containing google ads are in loading order above the other frames, and the google ad is slowly loading,
                            this may severely slow down the loading of the whoe forums page
                            You don't even need to be a mod, even. Just look at what's going on in the lower-left corner of the window (in firefox, anyway).
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post

You don't even need to be a mod, even. Just look at what's going on in the lower-left corner of the window (in firefox, anyway).
                              True ... you see what's currently loading (and what takes long to load) (I for my part btw. have no problem with the loading speed most of the time ... I assume because my google ads dn't contain many problematic (slowly loading) ads)
                              Just mentioned the mod status, because we had interna discussions when our Forum had slowdowns ... and changing the loading order actually helped a lot

Comment

• It seems like most of the delay time, its just saying 'Waiting for Apolyton.net' with occasional fast bursts of other stuff I can't read. Average loading time per page is 3-5 seconds, same for actually posting although that seems to be slightly longer sometimes. It just makes for a really sluggish forum experience really.

Comment

Working...
                                X