This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I'm not a lying piece of **** like you. How about you just stop being a piece of ****?
    I'm not lying, if you and Ben agree to be permanently banned and not to make DL's, I'll do the same.

Comment

• I gave you an answer ******.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        I'm not a lying piece of **** like you. How about you just stop being a piece of ****?
        Kid, only a few posts previously you criticised people calling people names...
        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          I'm not lying, if you and Ben agree to be permanently banned and not to make DL's, I'll do the same.
          We could do it on a month by month tag team basis - I'll be happy to 'take one for the team' next month...
          "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
            We could do it on a month by month tag team basis - I'll be happy to 'take one for the team' next month...
            Sounds fair, and Ben should have no problem with it as it's a perfect example of Christian-esque sacrifice.

To be honest, I'd be game even if it was just Ben and not Kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
              There seems to be little desire, in general, for rules and moderation from Polytubbies.

There certainly does seem to be a desire for selective enforcement of rules and selective moderation.

There is much to be said for chilling out, and not getting knickers in a knot about other posters.
              In other words, just put the known ****heels on the ignore list and go on about your day.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Kid, only a few posts previously you criticised people calling people names...
                I said there should be a rule against calling people horrible names. Do you understand the difference?

Comment

• Well, apparently you don't, if you think that calling someone 'a lying piece of ****' is somehow not horrible...

Comment

Well, apparently you don't, if you think that calling someone 'a lying piece of ****' is somehow not horrible...
                    The main issue is that there is no prohibition against it.

Comment

• Incorrect. The main issue is that there is no enforcement of the rule.

Special Off Topic Forum Rules:

--The Off Topic Forum will be moderated more lightly than other forums.
                      --Topics that might be considered 'spam' or 'trolling' in on topic forums will more often be tolerated in the Off Topic.
                      --Posters who want to have serious debates can insert the label "[serious]" into their thread titles. We'd ask users to respect their wishes and remain on topic in those threads. If you wish to have a lighthearted thread on the same subject, start a new thread.
                      --Jokes / mild name-calling / banter etc. are allowed as along as their attitude is jovial or humorous. Malicious personal attacks, attacks that are deemed to be aimed at driving other users from the site and personal threats will not be tolerated.
                      Of course, the forum rules haven't been updated under Aeson's site ownership. There is specific reference to the Netherlands as the site owner's country in the FAQ.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Incorrect. The main issue is that there is no enforcement of the rule.

Of course, the forum rules haven't been updated under Aeson's site ownership. There is specific reference to the Netherlands as the site owner's country in the FAQ.

http://apolyton.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_...b3_board_usage
                        Shhhh... no ones supposed to know we have rules and we are based in the Netherlands so Sava is still legal!

Comment

• We're all victims

Comment

• Cry Havoc and release the twins!

(But keep a leash handy please. )
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Kidicious is already violating the no-thread****ting-when-requested rule http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/2...=1#post6413239

I'd like to request that there be a formal procedure for when this happens, e.g. start with a warning, progress to a one-day ban, then a three-day ban, then each subsequent offense gets a one-week ban. Kidicious will either learn to be civil or he won't be around to be uncivil.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                                Kidicious is already violating the no-thread****ting-when-requested rule http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/2...=1#post6413239

I'd like to request that there be a formal procedure for when this happens, e.g. start with a warning, progress to a one-day ban, then a three-day ban, then each subsequent offense gets a one-week ban. Kidicious will either learn to be civil or he won't be around to be uncivil.
                                I wouldn't really call that a thread****. But I will expect you not to **** all over my threads in the future, since you got religion now.

Comment

Working...
                                X