No announcement yet.

Muslims and Travelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he thinks KL is dirty, he'd probably want to wear a biohazard suit in Chongqing.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Here's the thing, you can't say you have a modern city if the people living in it aren't modern. Building modern architecture doesn't skyrocket the city into 1st world standards. That is the core of my issue with KL. Here they are developing nice new buildings and then boasting that they're modern, but are they teaching their citizens how to behave, to not throw trash on the floor?

It's the same as my experience with Macau. When I stayed at the Venetian, it was all nice and pretty, but the staff were locals, and they didn't give a **** if anything needed doing, or they would just push the trolley down the hallways insensibly, banging into the walls making marks and ****. I told my friends after Macau, that The Venetian won't last another 5 years, it will be a dump if the staff don't take responsibility for their actions.
      be free

Comment

go to the Venetian in Las Vegas you will see a world of difference.

In fact, why would anyone vacation any where else when they could just go to Las Vegas. . Don't mind me, I'm just trying to help out our 12%+ unemployment.

Comment

Here's the thing, you can't say you have a modern city if the people living in it aren't modern. Building modern architecture doesn't skyrocket the city into 1st world standards. That is the core of my issue with KL. Here they are developing nice new buildings and then boasting that they're modern, but are they teaching their citizens how to behave, to not throw trash on the floor?

A country can't be considered modern when it's governed by a fascist system right out of the 1930s. As such, Singapore is in no way modern. Sadly, it's hardly surprising that a piece of racist filth like yourself would exalt it over all other places...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The people in Singapore have got their **** together. I wouldn't say they are not modern, they know what they're doing, the suppression of freedom is the only thing that really holds them back, but it's breaking away - fast. Singapore is at least borderline modern.

Why do you persist in naming me racist? I have not said ANYTHING racist at all and I have said I am not racist, that alone would make me not a racist because a racist wouldn't even say that! You are ****ed up man.
            Last edited by FrostyBoy; August 12, 2009, 05:57.
            be free

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
              Did you go to Chinatown in KL?

Yes.

If you did, did you take photos?

No.

If you didn't, why the hell not?

Because there's a Chinatown in every major city in the world.

Coz there was rubbish everywhere?

I think Kuala Lumpur's Chinatown was the cleanest and least smelly Chinatown I've ever been in.
              Every Chinatown I've ever seen is crowded, disgusting, and messy.

Maybe if you've went out and seen more of the world, you'd realize that.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy View Post
                Here's the thing, you can't say you have a modern city if the people living in it aren't modern.
                Building modern architecture doesn't skyrocket the city into 1st world standards.
                You just described why Singapore is not a modern city. Congratulations.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

A country can't be considered modern when it's governed by a fascist system right out of the 1930s. As such, Singapore is in no way modern. Sadly, it's hardly surprising that a piece of racist filth like yourself would exalt it over all other places...
                  I'm going to pretend this incredibly insightful post didn't exist, such that mine doesn't look less redundant now.

Comment

Both your history's on Singapore need brushing up. Maybe someone else can care to open your minds; I've really lost interest.
                    be free

Comment

Why exactly do you think that it matters to anybody whether or not a lying racist misogynist with no marketable skills who suffers from geographic illiteracy is interested in a conversation?
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

He's too focused on caning a child for chewing bubble gum. It's hard to be interested in us when the city-state you live in is so blood thirsty and awesome.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

It's true; I would appreciate public canings.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Because there's a Chinatown in every major city in the world.
                            Wrong. We bust ethnic ghettos up in Moscow.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I agree; that's why KL's Chinatown was so surprising. It was even cleaner than Kobe's, which is saying something.

We bust ethnic ghettos up in Moscow.

Moscow isn't a major world city.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Maybe if you've went out and seen more of the world, you'd realize that.
                                not in Las Vegas, our chinatown is neat and clean. But it isn't much of a chinatown. Just a shopping district. Chinese people don't actually live there (we don't practice segregation where I live- not any more at least... )

Comment

Working...
                                X