No announcement yet.

The End of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with an economic forecast for the demise of America is overlooking the number one thing that human beings are actually good at. cheating.

America is such a known cash cow around the world that even in tough economic times other countries (re: other human beings) will do all the can (re: cheat) to keep America floating (re: stimulus packages, grants, loans, etc.) While this may infuriate some that would love nothing better than to see America choke on its own decadance... they need to stop hoping and already watch it happening.

Look at the next generation of skinny WoW nerds. Look at the health experts saying like 50% or whatever of our kids dont get enough Vitamin D (re: sunlight.) Look at all the TV shows where most kids and youth are depicted as spoiled or ungrateful or expecting too much for free. With all the new tech and cool things to do at home, all the cool drugs and parties where the pills and weed are 10 times moar potent than when i did them, its easy too see the addictive nature of that laid back life. Look at all the music advocating stealing and killing like its nothing. Its even easier to kill now with websites like Craigslist and Facebook basically opening the door for stalking. So what does this have to do with the decline of America?

None of these kids are going to want to join the armed forces. none of these kids are going to want to do hard labor. When their decadence is taken away they literally go insane. Look at some of the youtube videos where kids get their WoW accounts removed like the Wafflepwn ones. Look at the emo culture that cut themselves when mom says to eat their broccoli and they dont want to. We are breeding a generation of lazy, uneducated, good for nothing slobs that will destroy this country one way or another for us in less than 50 years.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
      We are breeding a generation of lazy, uneducated, good for nothing slobs that will destroy this country one way or another for us in less than 50 years.
      What? This hasn't been occurring for the last 50 years already?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

In place of "re:" you should be using "i.e.". The former means "regarding" or "referencing". I.e. is short for id est which in English would be written out "that is to say."

Also, onodera, Mormons actually are ridiculously nice people, and their theology is absolutely bonkers. Kind of the opposite of Christopher Hitchens who is rational but also a gaping *******. Personally I prefer the Mormons. In small doses.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Actually, he should be using "e.g."
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, "i.e." if there is only 1 way to get Vitamin D, otherwise "e.g."
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Good point. I was considering whether it should be i.e. or e.g., and settled on the wrong one. The former is if there is only one replacement and the latter is if you are giving one element of a set of more than one. Right?

Then we have to start thinking about what AAHZ really does know. Does he realize you can get Vitamin D from milk? It's questionable.

As a Latin note, e.g. is short for example gratis right?

Comment

exempli gratia

"for the sake of example"
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Right that's it.

You see, the fact that I couldn't remember the Latin contributed to my choosing i.e. I didn't want to look like a complete fool, so I went for the incomplete fool instead.

Comment

i.e. is generally reserved for a rewording of the previous statement.

e.g. is for giving examples
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

i.e. depends on context as well. id est "That is" can go several ways.

Comment

In some of those he appears to be rewording and in others he's listing examples. But it's AAHZ so you really don't know what the hell is going on in his head.

America is such a known cash cow around the world that even in tough economic times other countries (re: other human beings) will do all the can (re: cheat) to keep America floating (re: stimulus packages, grants, loans, etc.)

Those appear to be rewordings. Like he's trying to be clever and use euphemisms, and then backtracks parenthetically. Then with the Vitamin D he just lists an example.

Edit: The last one in that sentence is pretty clearly an e.g., but the first two I think are more like i.e.
                        Last edited by Felch; August 10, 2009, 15:34. Reason: DanSing

Comment

The "cheat" should be i.e.

The "stimulus etc." should be e.g.

I'm not sure wtf the "other countries (re: other human beings)" is supposed to mean, other than the fact that AAHZ is a ****ing imbecile.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I think some of the funnier encounters recently on Poly have been between returned, long-lost, relatively intelligent posters and AAHZ. It's a ****ing train wreck. They don't know if he's ****ing around or being serious. Laz and GP are the examples which stand out in my mind...
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

e.g. Laz and GP?

This thread has me confused, i.e. mentally disturbed.

Can a foreigner please tell me again how I am butchering my native tongue?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Is Latin your native tongue?
                                Graffiti in a public toilet
                                Do not require skill or wit
                                Among the **** we all are poets
                                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X