No announcement yet.

The End of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Republicans will be the end of America. And Democrats too, for not standing up to them.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
      The only example of a longlived empire I can think of off hand that didn't go out the way he described is the Empire of Japan.
      The Japanese tried too hard. Advancing from feudalism to aircraft carriers in less than 80 years while living on an archipelago with few natural resourses (unless you count the Japanese as one) is a huge leap forward. However, this caused them to crumble as soon as they met a worth adversary, as they had to reserves to fall back onto.

KH. I hate when people refer to me as "him" and I can hear or read that. Anyway, I was not projecting. It is true that the USSR crumbled like a rotten log when poked by one not very bright, but stubborn American president, but I'm not talking about the Union alone. Look at the British Empire, look at the Roman Empire, look at the Chinese Empire that has spent several centuries in its state of decay before it finally disintegrated. Yes, the US are unique, because they were built on a cleat slate, a tabula rasa of history, they weren't burdened by the ruins of the country that came before them. Yes, its people are the descendants of that special unpatriotic breed that didn't think you couldn't choose your country just like you couldn't choose your parents. However, I think it is not that unique. First and foremost, "End in the Nothing all Things", Omar Khayyam has written, and it's only natural that the US will cease to be sooner or later. And second, it is still a Western country, with a Constitution written by renegade Brits, and it is predisposed to the same illnesses.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

This was supposed to be a fun thread. And then a couple of the usual suspects go and start having some lame boring discussion about international finance and currency unions and tax rates and OMYGOD!!! SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THIS BORING CRAP! Can we please get back to trolling Russians or debating the likelihood that America's collective fatass will collapse into a black hole or something?
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

KH. I hate when people refer to me as "him" and I can hear or read that.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Would you prefer "her" or "it"?
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
            This was supposed to be a fun thread. And then a couple of the usual suspects go and start having some lame boring discussion about international finance and currency unions and tax rates and OMYGOD!!! SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THIS BORING CRAP! Can we please get back to trolling Russians or debating the likelihood that America's collective fatass will collapse into a black hole or something?
            If you hadn't noticed I BOTH trolled rooskies AND had a boring conversation going. I am multitalented.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
              Yes, its people are the descendants of that special unpatriotic breed that didn't think you couldn't choose your country just like you couldn't choose your parents.
              This is what I'm talking about. Onodera knows how to answer a troll. He's good at keeping a thread going and not letting it degenerate into CNBC levels of boringness. If it weren't for him this thread would be a lost cause.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                If you hadn't noticed I BOTH trolled rooskies AND had a boring conversation going. I am multitalented.
                Your boring conversation interfered with trolling him. You have to maintain focus, or the whole thing falls apart like an octogenarian orgy.

Comment

**** that. I'm an ADD poster
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

How many ADD kids does it take change a light bulb?
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

BICYCLE!
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Winnah!
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                          How many ADD kids does it take change a light bulb?
                          I'm sorry I got sidetracked.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            KH. I hate when people refer to me as "him" and I can hear or read that.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Would you prefer "her" or "it"?
                            I'd prefer seeing my name at least once in a post that discusses me. Adds that much needed warm and personal touch.

Comment

On a completely different note, The Church of LDS sounds like a sensible bunch of people, if you judge by their mundane activities. If their beliefs weren't so ridiculous, I might've joined.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                                I'd prefer seeing my name at least once in a post that discusses me. Adds that much needed warm and personal touch.
                                Too bad.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X