Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the best way to get rid of rumors you are doing someone at work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the rumor was about a gay affair in the first place, then the answer is , "I'm straight?" I don't think the two word answer will stop the rumors, just change the nature of the target + you.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I agree with provost-- you may be able to

1. create new rumors with other parties
        2. "end" the rumored relationship
        3. cause miscelleneous office drama

But there is pretty much nothing you can do to disprove the first rumour. It may be possible to reduce the number of people that believe it--like if you or she had a good friend at work that they could confide in that the rumour wasn't true
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Say "I'm not doing Julia, I'm doing Samantha".
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

my solution has just been to show interest in other women. Which I do quite a bit. . I do the horndog bit a lot as I do here. I don't think anyone seriously believes those rumours. But I was asked by a couple coworkers straight up if I was doing this woman.

So I will continue to make inappropiate remarks about various women. Note I almost never make these about coworkers, rather our customers. Not that is much better, but I'm less likely to get in trouble for sexual harassment. But to me, it's obvious my sexual interests do not lie with this women, but rather slutty looking women I see around. My interests with this women are purely friendship. In a way, she's kind of a mother figure. And I do not want to have sex with my mother.

Comment

Confirm the rumors
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X