No announcement yet.

Sweet Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry Jalapeno... sounds funky, probably awesome. I like the mixing the jalapeno with something sweet there. Let us know how it turns out. You could drizzle a little spicy chocolate on to finish and make it look pretty. Besides, most fancy dishes have really long names.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I've actually had the raspberry flavor and it's really good especially with cream cheese, but cheesecakes are over done here. The question is do you put it on the bottom and pur the filling over it or do you cook the jelly and reduce it down and make a glaze over the pie.....hmmmm decisions.
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

The latter, as then there is a very small chance that the taster will get a piece with no chilli in at all, whereas if you put it in the bottom then the flavo(u)r might not spread very far and the taster could conclude that there was no chilli in the pie at all.

Comment

Glaze!

Oh, hell. Who am I kidding? I don't know.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

both
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher has a good point too. Melt down some dark chocolate, throw some chilli powder in there, and pour it over the top in squiggles to ensure that all the pie has some chilli in it.

Comment

I'm actually a pretty good chef... not good at desserts though. The only dessert I can make is tiramisu because it's no-bake, I hate baking... and measuring things. Which is not a good thing, since I'm a chemist... but it's okay, I'm an engineer, we approximate everything... which, again, is not good
                Monkey!!!

Comment

oh, in the chocolate/chili drizzle I would test out adding a dash of cumin to it too. You Texans love cumin, and it really seems to help the chili out a lot.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

the custard I was thinking would be like a creme brulee, so if you make it right the dish shouldn't be so thick that you don't pick up the jelly on the bottom with each bite.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

The custard is like a flan and then I was thinking of putting some of the raspberry jelly in the custard mixture to pick up the spicy flavor. The chocolate already has Anco chilies in it.
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Japher is over here drooling. Can you hook him up?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sure if he's in Texas, I'm not to sure how well a custard pie would travel. You know the desert doesn't have to be a pie, just a spicy desert. I just think in pie only though.

Comment

I can't stand people named Flan... they make me hungry
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X