No announcement yet.

Healthcare Reform Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like he's trying to describe some of those community insurance schemes.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I've heard of self-insured pools working for home/property, but never for health.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The fact is that insurance in the US is expensive because health care in the US is expensive. Not because insurance companies are evil profiteers.

Only a ****ing **** would think that.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• dp
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
            dp
            But how medical care is paid fordoes affect costs. However, I don't know if there is anything in the HC plan that directly addresses this.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I agree completely. This is a different question than the one I spoke to earlier.

However, the most fundamental way in which insurance as currently used in the US affects health care costs is simply that out-of-pocket contributions are too LOW relative to insurance payments.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Yet another dp
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous View Post
                  Denial of coverage = denial of care. Please don't lecture me. I'm an insurance agent.
                  Is this how you sell your policies?
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                    Is the government supposed to be the mother and father of the American people seeing to all their needs?
                    If needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Uh, if Uncle Sam defaults on debt, we are all absolutely, completely, totally reamed. Suffering for some > suffering for all.
                      For someone who admits that he doesn't know much about economics your seem sure about how much debt the US can handle.

Your position that people need to suffer so that the deficit doesn't increase is wrong to me. Your position that even more people need to suffer so that the budget will be balanced is quite extreme to me. Where does your desire for suffering stop? Do you want even more people to suffer so that the debt is paid off?

Comment

• I don't believe health care should be a right or mandatory.

But I do believe that insurance companies should be regulated tightly to reduce abuse.
                        (and I worked for one for over a decade)
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          And then fifty asthmatic kids who don't respond to normal treatment drive the cost of premiums through the roof, and everybody suffers until such time as the insurance company tanks. The asthmatic kids move on until they grow up/die or all insurance companies are exhausted. It's better for everyone
                          You think insurance companies are going to tank with a mandate to buy insurance?

Comment

• I wonder how much of our increased costs have to do with the obesity epidemic?

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post

I'm pointing out that a rational cost-benefit analysis has to assign some sort of monetary value to a human life and that if the cost of saving that human life exceeds its value, the rational choice is to not incur the cost. My point has absolutely nothing to do with " insurance agencies giving away their products."
                              The most obvious truth in the world is that there is no monetary value to human life.
                              Last edited by Kidlicious; April 2, 2010, 11:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                                Interesting point. But it does back up my claim that of lacking humanity.

When did rational decision-making become synonymous with a lack of humanity, in your eyes?
                                What is humanity, or human nature? Some say evil some say good.

Comment

Working...
                                X