Nokia is dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    Can anyone tell me why this company exists?

Why do people buy their phones? I do not understand.

They're big, ugly, with hideous and limited and painful-to-develop software.

And after the NGage, who could ever take them seriously?

The continued existence of Nokia is one of the life's greatest mysteries.
    wtf

three out of four of your main arguments revolve around the claim that their phones don't "look cool". under that reasoning, you should be wondering why EVERYBODY doesn't buy & use apple computers.

Comment

It certainly doesn't explain the success of the Honda Element
      Monkey!!!

Comment

also, http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

nokia phones are the most reliable, most durable and easiest to use phones i've ever got my hands on. i've had nokia cell phones as my personal phone since 1996

Comment

Oh look, a Finn jerking off about Nokia in my thread.

Nokia phones are ugly, they are "easy to use" in that they lack real functionality, they are THE WORST PLATFORM I HAVE EVER DEVELOPED ON IN MY LIFE BY FAR which explains why there's **** software selection, they are slow, and they are overpriced.

The fact that they are hideously fugly with continually bizarrely unusable keyboard layouts is just icing.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
            It certainly doesn't explain the success of the Honda Element
            Didn't you buy one of those ugly girlie things?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

For the money the Koreans seem to make some damn good phones while for the high end American companies seem to do the best (Apple, Blackberry). Nokia seems to be going after mainly the low end market like the third world as they make super simple, cheap, but durable phones. Nokia's attempts to get into the high end so far have been underwhelming.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I got a CRV.

Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                  For the money the Koreans seem to make some damn good phones while for the high end American companies seem to do the best (Apple, Blackberry). Nokia seems to be going after mainly the low end market like the third world as they make super simple, cheap, but durable phones. Nokia's attempts to get into the high end so far have been underwhelming.
                  Blackberry isn't a company, nor is it American...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It's Oerdin. Do you really expect 100% fact checking?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nokia sucks
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

posting to say that I got an E71 and I am p happy with it so far.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                          nokias are best if you want a simple, easy to use, durable phone.
                          True that. My cheap Nokia is durable alright, which to me is the only important feature, besides being able to make calls and send text messages of course.

I can literally play catch with my phone and it still won't break down. I'm staying with Nokia.
                          Of course, they won't be making a big profit out of me because I never buy one anyway. My previous cellphone was the Nokia Matrix one (circa 2000?). I plan to buy my next one in a few years
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

yeah i drop my phone several times a week on average and there's not a scratch on it.

last time i bought a phone was probably about 2002, i've got a 6300 at the moment (got it off a friend). the next phone i buy will have snake on it.
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

So, Nokias are for people who have issues holding onto their phones?

Comment

its not that hard to imagine that for construction and similar jobs, cheap and durable phones are prefered. most long living phones i have seen are nokias aswell.
                                i dont have any statistics or anything so its not worht much.

Comment

Working...
                                X