No announcement yet.

Nokia is dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also my employment with them ends tomorrow.

Comment

TI had lay offs here.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        TI has lots of clients. Nokia's marketshare is going to be replaced by other cell phone makers, who will undoubtedly use TI.

Hell, didn't Google just cut some kind of deal with TI in relation to it's Chrome OS?
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Yeah, yeah. TI would still obviously prefer that Nokia be hale and hearty

Comment

TI needs to die for supporting Nokia.

I am boycotting.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I am boycotting.

I have a Nokia 770 Internet Tablet. It's pretty neat.

Also, I have a TI-83 I got 10 years ago in High School..still works.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

nokias are best if you want a simple, easy to use, durable phone.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I am boycotting.
                  You're boycotting all devices that have TI chips in them?

Good luck.

Comment

Does the iPhone?
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It appears the Iphone uses a Samsung built chip which was originally designed by Infineon Technologies. Or at least so it said on some website I just Googled.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Here is a better report:

So who is coming out on top with the iPhone? An article at EEtimes quotes an FBR research report indicating the winners include Korean giant Samsung, which will supply the applications and video processor; Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL), which takes care of Wi-Fi networking chores; Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM), which will provide the controller chip for the iPhone's cool touch screen; and Cambridge Silicon Radio, which takes care of Bluetooth duties. Since Apple is unlikely to spill the beans, we will have to wait for a teardown report after the iPhone becomes available to see whether the FBR report is correct.
                        Chipmakers are sure to compete to supply Apple's iPhone, just as they do for the iPods.

This report is 2.5 years old though so take it with a grain of salt. Though this would make the key chips in the Iphone coming from a Korean company, two American ones, and a British company.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I already knew the answer. It was rhetorical. (posted from my iPhone)

Comment

TI doesn't just do cell phone chips. Its stuff is all over the embedded landscape. There are reasonable odds there's one in your TV or DVR or car.

Comment

Yes, they stand to lose a lot of business if they keep selling to Nokia.

Comment

iPhone
                                Apple

Sounds contradicting, but something tells me Steve Jobs wasn't really in the iPhone development group, some other genius was.

Normally the majority of the crowd will select some ****ty phone, but it seems the iPhone is just that good that even dumbasses can see it's worth buying.

However, I have to say, those who bought Blackberry's and other similar **** are foolish, I keep telling them the iPhone is worlds better than a Blackberry, but noo.... no one listens to me..
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X