Nokia is dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
    Word. My father's 3310 can be used to knock brains out and still works after 10 years of use.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy View Post
      iPhone
      Apple

Sounds contradicting, but something tells me Steve Jobs wasn't really in the iPhone development group, some other genius was.
      The man behind the iPhone is Jon Rubinstein: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Rubinstein He's also the man behind the iPod. The Mac community just loves to fellate Steve Jobs, is all.

Palm lured him away, and in under two years they made the Palm Pre.

However, I have to say, those who bought Blackberry's and other similar **** are foolish, I keep telling them the iPhone is worlds better than a Blackberry, but noo.... no one listens to me..
      It's probably because you're pretty stupid. The iPhone is not very good as a business communication device. The keyboard is too slow, and business users need to disable the autocorrect feature because it doesn't recognize domain-specific words and "helpfully" replaces them with nonsensical words. But as a result, there's tons of typos since rapid typing on the iPhone relies on the autocorrect for occasional typos.

It is much faster to type on the Blackberry. For users who are doing more typing than anything else, the Blackberry is king. Plus, Mail.app on the iPhone sucks ass. The iPhone is more consumer oriented...people who are more media-oriented...music, movies, web browsing, games, etc. Blackberry is for text-heavy users and business guys.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I know people who have a Blackberry for work, iPhone for personal
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Yes, it's very common. I also have a company BB.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
            nokias are best if you want a simple, easy to use, durable phone.
            Yeh, but those are low profit margin commodity phones. If you don't have some higher profit margin successes, then those commodity phones will go away.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Wel let's be honest, people have been buying new phones and replacing existing ones at a silly rate considering that they are just that, a phone, with some exceptions (I have a Blackberry thing which is quite handy with work stuff). But if I want a camera, I will buy a camera with a decent resolution for example. Maybe people have been coming to their senses. Not the Japanese though I suspect

But I do agree, Nokia phones are really fugly.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I actually quite like my Nokia, it's a 6220 Classic:

The reason why I like them is that they're robust (or at least, the ones I've had have been robust).

I'll be honest though, I'm not the biggest fan of the Symbian software and would like to get my hands on an Android phone to try that out. I have had a company BlackBerry before but that was an older model (8700g), but I found that quite robust as well and also easy to use.

Comment

Oh, no

What will happen to Finland?
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

The Nokia N97 looks interesting but it's far to expensive and there are better phones on the market. Still it has a physical keyboard, a 5mp camera with a nice lens, it has a real zoom & a digital flash, up to 48gb of storage space, universal plugs (unlike the Apple), and a nice big full color touch screen. Not to mention it works on just about every network in the world.
                    Last edited by Dinner; July 17, 2009, 22:24.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

edit: never mind.
                      Last edited by Dinner; July 17, 2009, 22:54.

Comment

The Nokia N97 is not interesting. It's got a hideous keyboard, it's grossly overpriced, and it's got the exact same innards as the original iPhone from 2007...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...l-Quake--.html

Interesting video from last week about the squid washing ashore in La Jolla. Apparently the one which attacked/played with the diver was much larger possibly up to 5 ft in length.
                          Is he also 3rd generation?

Comment

wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              The man behind the iPhone is Jon Rubinstein: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Rubinstein He's also the man behind the iPod. The Mac community just loves to fellate Steve Jobs, is all.

Palm lured him away, and in under two years they made the Palm Pre.

It's probably because you're pretty stupid. The iPhone is not very good as a business communication device. The keyboard is too slow, and business users need to disable the autocorrect feature because it doesn't recognize domain-specific words and "helpfully" replaces them with nonsensical words. But as a result, there's tons of typos since rapid typing on the iPhone relies on the autocorrect for occasional typos.

It is much faster to type on the Blackberry. For users who are doing more typing than anything else, the Blackberry is king. Plus, Mail.app on the iPhone sucks ass. The iPhone is more consumer oriented...people who are more media-oriented...music, movies, web browsing, games, etc. Blackberry is for text-heavy users and business guys.
                              Bull****. Absolute Bull****.

I know two guys with a blackberry, they ALSO think "oh the Blackberry is for work, iPhone is for leisure". This is stereotypical tripe that people need to wake up to. Just like the mouse, and PC keyboard and anything else in this world, you have to give yourself time to get used to it; the iPhone's buttons ARE bigger than the Blackberry's, so with time, I can type faster than a BB user.

As for email, what nonsense are you spilling now? I have my work and personal email installed, runs like a charm, the only files I have not been able to open so far is a PSD file, but i'm sure there will be an app that can open it eventually - something else that BB's fall short on - apps. It's not the phone that makes it King, it's the APPS, just like the PC.

People who bought a BB for work purposes have been suckered. I'm not saying the iPhone is perfect, but I am saying it IS worlds better than any other phone product out there right now. People who aren't tech dumbasses, such as yourself; SHOULD know this already, but you don't believe it, which both confuses me and makes me think you're just being stubborn.
                              be free

Comment

Not bull****, my dear. It's fact.

The BB is world's better for rapid-fire email exchange. I'm not expecting you to understand, you doodle for a living in a third-world country.

I use both a BB and an iPhone on a daily basis, and I develop software for them both. Sorry, buddy. Typing on the blackberry is and will always be faster. The physical keys and the layout make a huge difference.

Keyboard aside, the iPhone hasn't until very recently even established basic functionality for business productivity. Lack of copy & paste and the lack of being able to send meeting invites from the iPhone were the biggies.

Stuff it's still missing include the lack of true push email. Send an email to a Blackberry and it instantly is notified and the LED indicates new messages. Send it to the iPhone and it can take 15 minutes to know. You can enable 'push notifications' on OS3.0, which suck for Exchange as it basically interrupts everything you're doing to let you know you got some email from some idiot at work. Blackberry also has keyboard shortcuts and controls which make working with large email boxes much quicker.
                                Last edited by Asher; July 19, 2009, 02:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X