Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you man enough to kill a rat by stepping on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I think we've just established who our resident serial killer is.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
      The issue is this is a hotel, guests can't find out we have a RAT, in that room next to the reception.
      Stick it in the ratatouille and be done with it.

Why hasn't there been a copycat "Are you rat enough to kill a man by stepping on him?" thread yet? Poly, I'm disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
        I've never caught a rat but I have caught several mice and each one was either killed quickly by the means of catching, or lived long enough to seriously regret ever being born.

One mouse got the microwave treatment. Another one was thrown into a bucket of urine and paddled around a bit until I added bleach, which caused the gaseous HCl to degrade its lung tissues and kill it. Another one I freed from the trap but cut off legs until it could no longer walk and then let out a load of ants over it.

I do not like mice.
        Do you normally keep buckets of urine around?

Comment

Mice will make butter if thrown in a bucket of milk.

Comment

So who cleaned the microwave afterwards? :yack:

Comment

cut off legs until it could no longer walk.
              You cut them off millimeter by millimeter? Made it walk on bloody stumps for a bit, then cut off the stumps?
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Dis View Post
                Do you normally keep buckets of urine around?
                No, surprisingly enough urine is a fairly common commodity when humans are around. I was able to make some on my own. Outstanding!

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                So who cleaned the microwave afterwards? :yack:
                The microwave was about to get thrown out anyway. I wouldn't have done that with a microwave I was going to keep.

Originally posted by Caligastia View Post
                You cut them off millimeter by millimeter? Made it walk on bloody stumps for a bit, then cut off the stumps?
                More or less. Those legs are surprisingly strong. It's like clipping through wire, you need a sharp blade. I thought originally I could use a plastic knife, like for picnics. But that didn't work. Then I tried a dining knife, which didn't work either. I eventually settled for a pair of scissors, which did the job well. The mouse in question had been stuck to a glue trap, and I think I dislocated its jaw when I yanked it off the glue, so its death was assured anyway because it wouldn't be able to feed. I took off its digits first and let it hobble around inside the killing bucket, and then fished it back out and went up to the "ankle" then to the first major joint. After that it didn't want to move so I left it in the garden for the ants.

There were several other means of death that I wanted to try but didn't get to. One thing I wanted to try was cooking oil and then a naked flame, or an aerosol would have worked as well. I would also have liked to have gotten a safety pin to bear on one, just to see if blind mice can actually run.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

For some reason I'm imagining you with a mouse and a deli slicer.
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

No, surprisingly enough urine is a fairly common commodity when humans are around. I was able to make some on my own. Outstanding!

The microwave was about to get thrown out anyway. I wouldn't have done that with a microwave I was going to keep.

More or less. Those legs are surprisingly strong. It's like clipping through wire, you need a sharp blade. I thought originally I could use a plastic knife, like for picnics. But that didn't work. Then I tried a dining knife, which didn't work either. I eventually settled for a pair of scissors, which did the job well. The mouse in question had been stuck to a glue trap, and I think I dislocated its jaw when I yanked it off the glue, so its death was assured anyway because it wouldn't be able to feed. I took off its digits first and let it hobble around inside the killing bucket, and then fished it back out and went up to the "ankle" then to the first major joint. After that it didn't want to move so I left it in the garden for the ants.

There were several other means of death that I wanted to try but didn't get to. One thing I wanted to try was cooking oil and then a naked flame, or an aerosol would have worked as well. I would also have liked to have gotten a safety pin to bear on one, just to see if blind mice can actually run.

You could have a bright future working for the North Korean government.

Comment

Funny you should say that...
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                        I've snapped the necks of rats with my bare hands. I don't think treading on one would cause me too much difficulty...

Do lab rats count for these purposes ?
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Holy crap, AC!! I am never taking YOU to Disneyland!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X