Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you man enough to kill a rat by stepping on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you man enough to kill a rat by stepping on it?

The past two days we have had a rat trapped in a very small storage room in the place I work.

Our strategy has been letting it starve to death, well, in fact, we hoped she would eat the rat poison we threw there like 2 months ago, but, the rat is either smart, or the poison lost its effect.

The door has big holes, which would let her escape.
    We rudimentarily covered those holes with old newspapers and sellotape.
    Because of that sometimes I can see the rat through the sellotape, or hear her screeching, and eating the newspaper.
    I work the night shift and it is very annoying, at night the rat is most active, I have no one to help me, and the silence makes her "think" that no one is around.

I think the best strategy would be to open the door, open the other door wich goes to the street, and hope that the rat will escape towards the street.

We could buy new poison, try to catch her with a cage, or try to step on it.
    I fear one step would not be enough, and I am afraid of her rat blood with diseases.

well,

discuss
    I need a foot massage

Send a cat in there.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Get a live trap, catch the rat, release the rat out in the woods someplace.

Comment

The issue is this is a hotel, guests can't find out we have a RAT, in that room next to the reception.
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Go door to door asking guests if they believe the building is entirely devoid of mice or rats. If they believe that it is kill them. If they are smart enough to realize that wherever there are people there will be rodents let them go back to bed. You can then safely remove the rat without tarnishing the hotels reputation.

Comment

Don't do that. Never bet on people being smart.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

OP,

ive done that before when living with my mom and she had the glue traps. We caught one and of course i was the person that had to put it out of its misery.

i still feel bad about that to this day, and will never use glue traps as a result.

besides i have my cat Akbar BlubberChunks here who even this morning woke me up to the sight of a 3 inch long Palmetto Bug on the ceiling (which of course I had to kill again. wimp.)
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

A few years ago, there was a rat population explosion in the park behind my house and everyone on the block was being infestated with them. I tried some glue traps, but hated when I caught one. I couldn't man-up enough to bash it's brains in, so I dumped it in the trash, where I figured it'd either starved to death or eventually would get crushed. I went over to the old-fashioned spring draps. They worked wonderfully!

I wouldn't toss in a cat; the weight differential isn't big enough. I toss in a spaniel or something like that. They make wonderful ratters.

Or -- the American solution -- shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                  I tried some glue traps, but hated when I caught one. I couldn't man-up enough to bash it's brains in, so I dumped it in the trash, where I figured it'd either starved to death or eventually would get crushed.
                  my mom told me then that starving it to death in the trash was even more miserable and inhumane for it than a quick smashing. So I took the poor thing outside, turned the trap upside down, and...

glue traps may work well but i will never use them after that experience.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Are we allowed shoes?
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Play the man- seize the rodent with both hands and sink your teeth into its neck, tearing out its jugular. Immediately insert a sharp stick through its anus and out the mouth and have yourself a barbecue. I know Brazilians and Argentineans are very fond of their meat restaurants...

Then go directly to A & E and see about Weil's Disease, tetanus shots, hep shots, et cetera. Possibly Hanta virus too.

Remember- the longer that rodent lives in close proximity to you, the longer it is a threat to your health. And the longer you miss out on some free protein !
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I have been victorious in several bouts of foot to rodent combat, in various locations.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola View Post
                          I have been victorious in several bouts of foot to rodent combat, in various locations.

Photo gallery ? Slide-show ?

Didja send any into orbit, or was it more a mash-up or stompfest type thang ?
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola View Post
                            I also, but with smaller rodentia.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

When I lived in the city, we lived in a four floor walk up above a restaurant. The restaurant was infested with cockroaches and rats (we never ate there ) When I caught mice or rats with your standard spring traps, I would release them behind the restaurant and watch them run back in. Then I would call the health department.
                              They came many times but must have been paid off well. The restaurant did finally go out of business and was replaced with one that kept things much cleaner.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X