Sent to the departmental mailing list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
    No. While Tribeca is kind of quiet, it's close to all the good downtown nightlife areas. The UES is equally quiet and farther from anything interesting.
    It also has The Patriot which has cheap beer.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
      Oh cmon, you just moved to the hood last week.
      Read the date on that post, *******.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Seems to be a new fad. How do hipsters look like and why the resentment?

In any case they can't be as bad as wiggers:

or chavs:
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

It also has The Patriot which has cheap beer.

The Patriot

Yogi's

The condo construction site where Yogi's once stood
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
            Read the date on that post, *******.
            Face value interpretation

You are new.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I hereby declare that the following are legal topics of conversation:

1) Artistic depictions of scientific work
              2) Slutty emo artist *****es
              3) How much hipsters suck

1) I can only muster so so interest in the artistic depictions of scientists. Darwin is often drawn with the body of a monkey. Einstein is symbolized by the hairdo(tm) and a mustache. His big nose, fondness of pipes and glasses are lost to the sands of time.

2) Good lays never ever atempt a relationship however.
              (Anyone here remember the artsy girl thread? Best lay of the year, horrible fallout due to my stupidity)

3) Hipsters are androgynous sacks of mostly wannabe irony.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Face value interpretation

You are new.
                Stop trying to cover up your mistakes.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I might rather render graphics via artist than excel/powerpoint (stella?). I'm doing a dissertation. In a month or two, I'm in the bush for a year to gather data.
                  Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Stop trying to cover up your mistakes.
                    You've lived there 9 months and are complaining about how things have changed? You're new. And probably more akin to what you detest than you realize.

Comment

You've lived there 9 months and are complaining about how things have changed? You're new. And probably more akin to what you detest than you realize.
                      No, I've been in NYC less than 3 months, douchebag. The post you quoted was about my hood in Baltimore.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Nate Silver's analysis of NYC neighborhoods came out today and seems an appropriate addition to this thread.

Our New York neighborhood ratings map the 50 best places to live in NYC – from Park Slope to Soho to Chelsea. Considering rentals or sales in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, and the Bronx? Check Nate Silver’s neighborhood rankings first.

Here's the companion post on FiveThirtyEight.

FiveThirtyEight uses statistical analysis - hard numbers - to tell compelling stories about elections, politics and American society.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

No, I've been in NYC less than 3 months, douchebag. The post you quoted was about my hood in Baltimore.
                          Wah wah wah, I can't keep where you hipsters live straight. Baltimore, East Village, West Village, makes no difference.

Comment

I can think of few places with more differences between them than Baltimore and Lower Manhattan.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm the anti-hipster. I like giving the impression that I'm taking everything more seriously than I actually am.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm the anti-hipster. I like giving the impression that I'm taking everything more seriously than I actually am.
                                All hipsters are anti-hipsters in their own mind.

You're one drunk adventure away from ray-bans.

Comment

Working...
                                X