No announcement yet.

NKorea threatens US; world anticipates missile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Patroklos;5626232][quote]I'm not convinced NK could take SK at this point.

This has been the obvious case for 50 years or so.

A vessel like that is probably making 18-20 knots, thats only 480 miles a day. For reference it normally takes a USN ship doing around 20 knots two weeks to cross the Atlantic. We are not cruising around in WWII era rusting POSs like NK though.
    Well, it's about 4700 miles from Koreea to Myanmar, so 10 days is about right.

?At 20 knots a ship travels about 550 miles/day. It's only 3500 miles from NYC to Southhampton, so it should take less than 7 days for a ship traveling 20 knots to cross the Atlantic.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      Why doesn't MPAA go file charges on their ass? No, better to jack with someone over 20 something songs.
      The truth is that everybody in the MPAA thinks Kim Jong-il is a douchebag but nobody has ever had the guts to say so to his face.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Are they hiring? I'll tell him.

BTW, I have an idea on what I want to do to you. In "Blazing Saddles". Strap you to a missle.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
          Well, it's about 4700 miles from Koreea to Myanmar, so 10 days is about right.
          According to the article posted by Sloww this would be day 10.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            Are they hiring? I'll tell him.

BTW, I have an idea on what I want to do to you. In "Blazing Saddles". Strap you to a missle.
            Hell, no need for that. Just go "Dr. Strangelove" on me - I'll gladly ride the missile and save you the trouble!
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
              Hell, no need for that. Just go "Dr. Strangelove" on me - I'll gladly ride the missile and save you the trouble!
              Wahoo! Wahoo! Wahoo gang! Alinestra just offered to ride my missle!

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                According to the article posted by Sloww this would be day 10.
                So by now the ship should either be in Singapor or Myanamar, unless it was actually going somewhere else. I wonder why no news? Could Michael Jackson be more important than the run up to the Second Korean War?

Comment

Getting pissy with Japan now.

NKorea warns of shooting down Japanese spy planes

9 hours ago

SEOUL (AFP) — North Korea warned that any Japanese plane entering its airspace would be shot down for spying, as recent surveillance suggests Pyongyang may be preparing to fire more missiles.

"The air force of the Korean People's Army will not tolerate even a bit the aerial espionage by the warmongers of the Japanese aggression forces but mercilessly shoot down any plane intruding into the territorial air of the DPRK (North Korea) even 0.001 millimeter," the air force said in a statement.

It said a Japanese AWACS aircraft made a long shuttle flight into airspace between the cities of Wonsan and Musudan-ri on Friday morning.

Similar aerial espionage was committed the previous day, it said.

The North used Musudan-ri for its three previous long-range missile launches, in 1998, 2006 and on April 5 this year.

North Korea will likely fire short- or mid-range missiles in waters off its east coast from which it has banned shipping, a senior South Korean government official said Wednesday.

The North has warned foreign ships to stay clear of an extensive area for 16 days starting Thursday because of unspecified military exercises.

Yonhap news agency, quoting a government source, said the communist state would probably fire Scuds with a range of up to 500 kilometres (312 miles) or ground-to-ship missiles with a 160-kilometre range into the Sea of Japan, or East Sea.

Washington has said it is prepared for the possibility that the North could also fire a long-range missile towards Hawaii, perhaps on July 4, US Independence Day.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Isn't 0.001 of a millimeter the same as a micrometer?
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

The SI is strong with this one.
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Yes, now tell me what "BSH" measures and I'll give you a cookie.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

What is that avatar supposed to mean? That's new. What?

Comment

It's a reference to the bloody hand of Texan the Ineluctable, a famed mass murderer in the South, who went to bed each night after drinking cocktails made from the tears of San Antonio orphans. Legend had it that his hand moved extremely slowly, but hit you extremely hard when it did connect.

Also he was a Commie so he wasn't all bad.
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                            X