No announcement yet.

Windows 7 to ship without a web browser in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering Windows 7 has shipped to manufacturing yesterday, it's pretty much guaranteed all they're going to do is change the default IE homepage to be a site to link to competing browsers for people to download.

It's the most practical of all of the solutions, but it still installs IE...not sure if the commies over there will appreciate that.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• So, in essence, MS could have provided this from the start and once more failed to yank European authorithies' balls like it yanks American balls, thank you Asher.

*not listening to your retorts*
      Last edited by Colonâ„¢; July 26, 2009, 01:24.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonâ„¢ View Post
        So, in essence, MS could have provided this from the start and once more failed to yank European authorithies' balls like it yanks American balls, thank you Asher.

*not listening to your retorts*
        Don't think you understand. The EU hasn't agreed to accept this, and frankly I'd be kind of surprised if they did.

MS is still installing IE on every Euro computer, which is what their complaint was. It just now adds a homepage which links to alternative browsers.

People already know they have the choice to switch from IE, it's easy to find out how, this will really solve nothing. MS wins more here than removing IE completely as before.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• *looks for that old 5 1/4" floppy with Lynx on it*
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
            IE didn't kill Netscape. Netscape killed itself.

Do you remember?
            Wow, that takes me back to my university days.
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Ugh..... Yeah, I remember that catastropy. My school used it as late as 2002. An idiot of a computer administrator. The browser couldn't open the IE download site properly(this was before FF came into the picture), so I got into Opera's site. Downloaded the thing and installed it, only to see that the computer administrator had deleted it the next day and issued a warning that any installation of unapproved software was prohibited. So I did it again with a computer someone had forgot to log out off. Not that it helped.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
              X