Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 to ship without a web browser in Europe

Cool.

Hopefully this leads to less Europeans on the internet, as they'll have to get their browsers from somewhere other than the internet.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Like an USB flash drive?

I think it's cool too
    Quendelie axan!

Comment

That is going to be astoundly awesome to watch.

I approve of Brussels trying to neuter it's own people
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

It should come with Netscape Navigator.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
          Like an USB flash drive?

I think it's cool too
          Yep. Everyone should go to a friend's computer, download Firefox, save it to a USB drive, then install Windows and then install Firefox from the flashdrive.

This is SO MUCH BETTER than having a mechanism to just download any browser you want from a default Windows installation.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'm curious, is the EU going to order Apple to unbundle mobile Safari from the iPhone/iPod Touches? That thing has mobile marketshare comparable to IE's desktop marketshare. Fair is fair.

Comment

It would be nice to have a browser come with windows AND be able to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                It would be nice to have a browser come with windows AND be able to remove it.
                That's how Windows 7 ships for the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Yep. Everyone should go to a friend's computer, download Firefox, save it to a USB drive, then install Windows and then install Firefox from the flashdrive.

This is SO MUCH BETTER than having a mechanism to just download any browser you want from a default Windows installation.
                  Think of the positive side. You can reduce your IE usage from one instance to zero.

Seriously I'm 50/50 on this.

And I am all for equal discrimination against all American companies
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

Think of the positive side. You can reduce your IE usage from one instance to zero.

Seriously I'm 50/50 on this.

And I am all for equal discrimination against all American companies
                    The only European web browser is Opera, and it is terribly awful.

Comment

How much space does the removing of IE save? 50MBs?
                      Quendelie axan!

Comment

How much space does the removing of IE save? 50MBs?
                        Far less. As I understand it, the IE engine (Trident) is still installed. Like removing IE from Windows 7, all references to IE have been removed as has the iexplore.exe binary. But as some may know, iexplore.exe is just a shell for the Trident rendering engine which is a Win32 component and will still be there -- otherwise this would break all apps which depended on the web browser component.

Probably saves 2 or 3MB.

Comment

I think the US should starting forcing Airbus to ship their American bound planes without seats.

Trade wars

Comment

*fewer
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

*animal husbandry

Comment

Working...
                              X