Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher View Post
    Develop a love for lawn ornaments. ...
    Yep. Several hundred Pink Flamingos all over your lawn will class up the entire neighborhood.

And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

screw flamingos, the true tacky is gnomes.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
        It's responses like this and Riesstiu's that remind me why I come to 'Poly for advice. The swastika is nice, too. The only problem is that I'd hate to saddle some new neighbor with it if he does sell.
        This is how you make sure to get the "right" kind of new neighbors.
        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

My wife called me last night (as a bit of background, I work about 200 miles away from home during the week) to let me know that our neighbor had, without so much as knocking on the door and asking, come over and started trimming the trees in our yard. Apparently he's selling his townhouse and having an open house Sunday and didn't like the way our yard looked, so he took it upon himself to make the yard look like he wants it to.
          Did it make your yard look better? Why the hell won't somebody take it upon themselves to do my yardwork. If you live in the U.S. you will probably have to go through about 20 open houses before it sells

Comment

Originally posted by Mon River Monarch View Post
            Did it make your yard look better? Why the hell won't somebody take it upon themselves to do my yardwork. If you live in the U.S. you will probably have to go through about 20 open houses before it sells
            Don't know. I haven't seen it yet. I did find out just a little while ago that he came back to the house about 8:30 last night and handed my wife two dollars "for any charges that may have been incurred on your power bill." She refused it and shut the door on him.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Cut off one of his arms and tell him that his overgrown limbs were damaging your property values.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

He sounds like a jackass. I would give him whatever help he needs to get him out of the neighborhood. Then kick his ass after he moves

Comment

It will help the perception of his property a lot if you plaster your yard with NO TRESPASSING signs.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

... and sit on your porch with a shotgun and a bottle of really cheap whiskey.

Comment

And a wife beater t-shirt
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Don't know. I haven't seen it yet. I did find out just a little while ago that he came back to the house about 8:30 last night and handed my wife two dollars "for any charges that may have been incurred on your power bill." She refused it and shut the door on him.
                        No ****ing way! This guy is an absolute treasure.

Ok, I hereby greenlight Operation Mind****.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

You're complaining because your neighbor is doing your yardwork! Take a second and ask whats wrong with this picture.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

this is a good thread

Comment

You're complaining because your neighbor is doing your yardwork! Take a second and ask whats wrong with this picture.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

That's the finest dp I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X