So, something close to Wiglaf's lawn-mowing scenario actually happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, something close to Wiglaf's lawn-mowing scenario actually happened

My wife called me last night (as a bit of background, I work about 200 miles away from home during the week) to let me know that our neighbor had, without so much as knocking on the door and asking, come over and started trimming the trees in our yard. Apparently he's selling his townhouse and having an open house Sunday and didn't like the way our yard looked, so he took it upon himself to make the yard look like he wants it to. Aside from the minimal electricity he stole to do so and the whole part about it not being his ****ing yard to begin with, he managed to fill up our trash can with limbs and ****. On my advice, she confronted him about it, and he apparently left after that, but she's convinced he'll be back to try and finish the job. How should I handle this if he does? Even if he doesn't, should I give in to the temptation to roll my trash can in front of his house and throw the stuff he put in it on his yard right before the open house?
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Get him charged with trespassing.

Play hardball. Don't be a *****.

You can also get him charged with vandalism/destruction of property, I'm sure.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Even if he doesn't, should I give in to the temptation to roll my trash can in front of his house and throw the stuff he put in it on his yard right before the open house?

I'm pretty sure that this is the least I would do. If he comes back I'd call the cops on him. That's honestly wholly unacceptable. Does he not understand the concept of private property?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Holy ****, what an *******.

should I give in to the temptation to roll my trash can in front of his house and throw the stuff he put in it on his yard right before the open house?

On the one hand, that might be fun. On the other, don't you WANT this ****ty neighbor to have a successful open house, sell, and move?

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The two wild and crazy Canadians are correct.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Get him charged with trespassing.

Play hardball. Don't be a *****.

You can also get him charged with vandalism/destruction of property, I'm sure.
            Great minds, and stuff, Asher.

When I told her to confront him about it, I also said to speak in terms of trespassing, theft and vandalism.

Arrian, you're right, but I'll probably still opt to cause him the most immediate misery possible. Maybe do it on Saturday, where he has time to fix things, but still has to go through the work and hassle of doing so.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

My neighbor has a pool in his back lawn just across the fence from a large tree on my property.
              It was providing considerably more shade then they desired so the wanted to trim it.
              Being the good neighbor that they are, THEY ASKED first, and we discussed just how much I'd let them trim, and then when they were finished, they cleaned up all the small branches and leaves and cut up some of the bigger branches into fire placed sized logs and neatly stacked them behind my garage. THATS how it should be done.

But yes, in your case, i'd report it to the police just to piss him off but wouldn't sabotage any selling effort on their part hoping the next neighbor would be more considerate.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You could go kill his grass with poison to form a swastika on his yard. That would work.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Listen to me because I'm only going to tell this to you once. First thing you do is have your wife place "no trespassing" signs on your property and tell her to purchase a Longbow T-76 sniper rifle with armor piercing rounds. Next time your neighbor enters the property, have your wife shoot him in the throat precisely where the vocal chords are positioned and call the police immediately afterwards emphasizing that a stranger was entering your property illegally and that she feared for her life. Now while she is waiting for the police to arrive, she must watch him bleed to death and feel the rush and adrenaline of taking another life. She must look into his eyes as they loose that spark of life. She must savour the moment of triumph.

Buy his townhouse during the estate sale, burn it to the ground, then claim the insurance money. Your neighbors will never, ever f*ck with your lawn again.

Comment

Effective and profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      You could go kill his grass with poison to form a swastika on his yard. That would work.
                      It's at this point that the Canadians begin to drift in thought.
                      This isn't a particularly good idea.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hmmm, out of those two, I think I'd go with the swastika, (gee surprise) but I'd use fertalizer instead of poison since it's a touch more descrete and from what I've heard, harder to repair.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          It's at this point that the Canadians begin to drift in thought.
                          This isn't a particularly good idea.
                          You Americans have always been cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                            Listen to me because I'm only going to tell this to you once. First thing you do is have your wife place "no trespassing" signs on your property and tell her to purchase a Longbow T-76 sniper rifle with armor piercing rounds. Next time your neighbor enters the property, have your wife shoot him in the throat precisely where the vocal chords are positioned and call the police immediately afterwards emphasizing that a stranger was entering your property illegally and that she feared for her life. Now while she is waiting for the police to arrive, she must watch him bleed to death and feel the rush and adrenaline of taking another life. She must look into his eyes as they loose that spark of life. She must savour the moment of triumph.

Buy his townhouse during the estate sale, burn it to the ground, then claim the insurance money. Your neighbors will never, ever f*ck with your lawn again.
                            This plan is ridiculous. A shot in the throat from the T-76 would almost assuredly tear a large chunk of the man's spinal cord out, along with possibly doing significant damage to the brain stem. He would die long before he had a chance to bleed out.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Have you given any thoughts to planting land mines in your yard?
                              Just put up a sign saying: "Warning! Land mines!" and you won't be charged.

Comment

Working...
                              X