Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greatest President of the United States?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• incipient
      "

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        Lincoln wanted what Johnson put into place (well aside from the wanting to be accepted by the Confederate elite thing and given them some preferential treatment). Lincoln wasn't interested in punishing the South, which is what che wants.

Too funny. Johnson was blatantly RACIST whereas Lincoln would have tried to balance reconciliation with extending fairness and equal rights protection for freed blacks. Johnson was dramatically different - he did not give a **** about blacks, period.

Take Louisiana in late Civil War - Lincoln extended voting rights to black men. Johnson would have joined the Ku Klux Klan first, before ever granting black men voting rights.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• George III
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
            X