Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted that before you did.

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    Now CR isn't perfect because it uses some nebulous terms like "excellent", "good", "poor" etc and asks respondents to judge their car in various categories but the defect data is at least a hard quantifiable number which can be compared between cars and brands.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I would also like to point out that you claimed in that thread that CR was a great source but now you claim it isn't so much.
      I said even in this thread it's leaps and bounds better than JD Powers & Associates, which is consistent with my opinion in that thread. But I also know it's not the only thing to look at.

I'm just merely pointing out you say things without doing any research. Then you get backed into a corner and keep digging yourself into a hole just for the sake of digging. Your comments in this thread are completely and utterly at odds with what you've said in the past, where the situation warranted. But you don't even admit to that.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've compared multiple sources as well as what friends who have owned Subarus have said. It's all consistent.

You on the other hand have quoted some Canadian source which most Americans have probably never heard of. Who is consulting multiple sources and who is relaying just on one source & opinion again?

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Still avoiding the actual argument? OK, I have to get ready for work.

Comment

Yes, run along now, you've got to be reaching the Earth's core with your digging at this point.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice and entertainment in this thread

I looked at Jeeps yesterday and I like them for everything but the gas millage. What's up with a 4x4 having an inline 4? Can those engines get the power/torque they need?

Going to look at Ford today (my parents also recommend the Edge and I like the Focus, comes in a 4x4 2010, but a AWD should be fine). Will also look at Honda and another Ford dealer that has Mazdas (the Tribute looks nice, it's the Ford Escape).

Asher, you may be fine with out 4x4 or AWD, even in Canada. But around Cincinnati we have a lot of hills that can trap you, especially since I live on top of a hill.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

My daughter has a Focus. It's cheap.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What's up with a 4x4 having an inline 4? Can those engines get the power/torque they need?

No, 4 cylinders is not enough for Jeeps. Are you thinking Wrangler or Liberty? Both are available with a bigger V6 (3.7l for the Liberty, 3.8l for the Wrangler IIRC). I'm talking about even regular highway driving. Jeeps are power/gas hogs at highway speeds due to their....let's call it "interesting" aerodynamic design.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post

I looked at Jeeps yesterday and I like them for everything but the gas millage. What's up with a 4x4 having an inline 4? Can those engines get the power/torque they need?

Going to look at Ford today (my parents also recommend the Edge and I like the Focus, comes in a 4x4 2010, but a AWD should be fine). Will also look at Honda and another Ford dealer that has Mazdas (the Tribute looks nice, it's the Ford Escape).

Asher, you may be fine with out 4x4 or AWD, even in Canada. But around Cincinnati we have a lot of hills that can trap you, especially since I live on top of a hill.
                      How about the CX7?

Comment

but DanS's original position was that Nuguyen was not a Vietnamese name.
                        Um. No.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post

Just get a set of winter tires. It's cheaper and more effective than AWD. Montreal is literally built on the side of a mountain (well, a large hill anyway) and nobody there needs AWD. Everybody has winter tires though.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I 720ed on the highway in Montreal in my 04 Liberty WHILE IN part-time 4WD mode doing 25 miles an hour.

No winter tires, of course (don't need them in Baltimore)
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Why would you actually be driving a Liberty?

Comment

Statistics are not pseudo-science. Those who misuse and abuse the methods, then over interpret the results, are pseudo-scientists. For a recent example one need look no further than the correlation between CO2 and earth temperature.
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X