Let's judge this woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh noes, no ipod/gameboy/cell phone! Boohoo
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Parent.

Those children need to toughen up.
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by rufus t. Firefly View Post
        you know, as a 12-year-old, i would routinely ride my bike (note to younger generation: "bike riding" was an outdoor activity frequently undertaken in the years before game consoles were invented) from my house to neighboring towns, all of which were farther from my home than white plains is from scarsdale. But now? Oh, boo-hoo, mommy suggested you walk the last three miles to your house, traversing one upscale suburb in order to get to another! Call child welfare! Get a lawyer! Jesus, when did we become such a nation of fvcking pvssies?

Mom
        qft.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
          qft.
          Ditto.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

payphone

Good luck finding one nowadays...
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Q Classic View Post
              Parent. /

Those children need to toughen up. Their Mom needs to have taken charge way before now

Fixed

I have a hard time when parents say they cant handle an 8-12 year old, I mean, a little tough love way before now is certainly in order..

They are the adult, dont be their friend, be their parent.

Originally posted by Patroklos
              Oh noes, no ipod/gameboy/cell phone! Boohoo
              Freaking Fawnee
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Being dropped off in a good shopping district, 2 1/2 miles from the upper class home? That's not tramatic; it's an inconvenience. Kids thought mom was bluffing and called her on it. They misjudged her. They were in no more danger than if they had ridden their bikes over to the shopping area.

Mom.

Comment

So you maintain that no kidnappings happen in a good shopping district?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Shouldn't a 10-year-old and 12-year-old be able to fend for themselves mostly?
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

10? 12 is iffy, but 10?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        So you maintain that no kidnappings happen in a good shopping district?
                        Children are killed by guns but, correct me please if I'm wrong, you don't want to forbid such.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

12 isn't iffy at all, in my book.

I rode my bike all the time alone when I was 10. Maybe in a suburban environment it's a bigger issue, but... well... probably not.

At some point, the kids can't be sheltered 24-7.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Don't want to forbid killing them with guns?

Comment

DAN! Those days are over. I used to hitch rides, too. No more. I slept with my front door open, to catch a nice breeze. No more.

Comment

Why are those days over?

Comment

Working...
                                X