No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday Hitler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, while i cannot point to any documents, it can certainly be argued, that Stalin saw the war as the final stage before world revolution, the capitalistic states bleeding each other out, making a conquest of most parts of the world possible. Stalins foreign policy could be described as ´ideological imperialism´ - his aim was to get as much of the map ´red´ as possible. Even if (!) direct preperation or plans for an assault on Hitler-Germany do not exist, it follows from the logic of power, that the more commited Nazi-Germany would get to a war in the west, the more it would have to make concessions to the soviets, in order to secure peace on that front. Ribbentrop tried to divert the Russians towards india and such, but molotov immerdiately replied he would only discuss matters concerning europe with him (that was in 1940). So, while any intention of the soviets to actually attack germany may not be proven, it is apparent that as time would pass and the war (in the west) continue, the Nazis would have gotten more and more into a relationship of one-sided dependency on the soviets - which diametrically contradicted Hitler´s idea of morality in politics (he did have far less compunctions about breaking the treaty with the soviets than to sign one with them in the first place). The possibility of the soviets interfering in the ongoing war and their ability to force compensation for any german success there, which would have grown more and more as the soviets geared up, was reason enough for the germans to try to eliminate this threat (and to secure the ´Lebensraum´ all in one go) - so: they simply had the better reason.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
      Four and Twenty Blackbirds baked in a pie?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III View Post
        Source?
        B. H. Liddell Hart.'s History of the Second World War.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

for a moment I thought this was one of those life tragically cut short threads........
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

IIRC Hitler lived into his 50's, so the answer is: Not short enough!
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Comment

Mr Racist Extraordinaire appears to have done so...
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Casually insulted any black people lately?
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

"

Comment

Casually insulted any black people lately?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X