X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the police killed an innocent bystander

again.

Details perhaps?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Was the bystander English? If so, I don't care.

Comment

Exclusive footage obtained by the Guardian shows Ian Tomlinson, who died during G20 protest, was attacked from behind by baton–wielding police officer

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
          Was the bystander English? If so, I don't care.
          You are an utterly despicable boil on the arsehole of humanity.

Comment

Yeah, I am part English...

Comment

Yep, the cop was an overly aggressive douchebag (as many cops are).

But the guy had a heart attack.

Get over it. It happens. Especially to people who are old and out of shape, as he appeared to be.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Get a girlfriend. The facts are irreconcilable: the man was pushed for no reason; the cops committed the equivalent of a felony by assaulting the man, and they're on the hook for anything that results from it including death. Ipso factor, this is felony MURDER.

Murder?

YES MURDAR

Comment

Let's say you were 50 and so was your wife. You have sex with her and you die of a heart attack.

Felony murder?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

No because the sex is not a felony. No wonder you work for a phonebook.

Comment

The push didn't kill him.

If he was pushed and hit his head and died, yes.

Comment

No wonder you work for a phonebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          The push didn't kill him.

If he was pushed and hit his head and died, yes.
                          The push definitely killed him. No push, no death. When you assault people you can cause all kinds of foreseeable problems and have to accept those consequences. This is why it's a felony. Assault a pregnant woman, she can miscarry. Assault a kid, he might develop a phobia of gay tech consultants who drive gay cars. Assault an old man, his heart might explode.

Comment

I'd like to see you prove the man was killed from the push when he died from a heart attack later.

You can make the case that the situation caused elevated bloodpressure, but the fact that there were protestors screaming and scuffling around him on the way home I'm sure didn't help either. He was in a stressful situation with protestors and police clashing and had a heart attack. It happens.

I don't see how you can criminally say the police murdered him. I'd like to see the officer fired for clearly using excessive force on a citizen who was doing no wrong, but to call it murder is ludicrous.

Fans have died from the stress of a hockey game in overtime, but it's not murder there either.

Comment

He died within minutes of the push. Getting physically assaulted by men with dogs and batons causes a lot more stress than seeing hot gay British protesters making some noise the lack of hot men on their soccer team or whatever this was.

And for the last time, your analogies blow more than your Mazda 3. Hockey players are committing no crime. If the hockey players jumped into the stands and committed a felony by assaulting a fan, then they're on the hook for his death.

This is why you do not commit felonies, cop or not. In America, anyway.
                              Last edited by Wiglaf; April 7, 2009, 22:57. Reason: Clarified the likely purpose for the British protest after analyzing their possible motives with Roothaan equations.

Comment

Working...
                              X