No announcement yet.

Americans voted for Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. He was trained in signal intercept and then spent a bit of time up on the dewline.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• The US position has always been that its use against American soldiers by anybody other than the US government in a training setting constitutes torture.

I agree with that position.

I don't. Seems pretty hypocritical.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Waterboarding is fricking torture. The water runs down your nose. It's intentional pain infliction. Someone doesn't have to kill or disfigure you for it to be torture. electricity is same way.

Comment

• As far as I know, waterboarding doesn't actually hurt, unlike electric shocks.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Torture is not only about the application of direct physical pain - that is a dumb ass definition, and why something like sleep deprivation can reach the level of torture.

Simulating drowning may not "hurt" but it causes extreme discomfort, given the bodies general dislike of being unable to breathe.

If we imprisones or executed people in the past for waterboarding our troops, then its pretty clear that waterboarding was considered torture, and I doubt anything has changed with the procedure to make it not torture.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Torture is not only about the application of direct physical pain

I never said it was. Jesus, why did you have to be the one boring poster that didn't flee to WPC?
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Sleep deprivation can rise to the level of 'torture'? Based on that comment, I'll ask what interrogation methods could not be construed as torture?

The whole purpose of military interrogation is to recover timely information. That objective cannot be met by the methods commonly used today to question criminals (for example). These 'men' despise us, they are not going to be turned, they are not going to provide any timely information just because we ask. Therefore, unless one is willing to forego gathering timely information from a subject one has to use stress in order to coerce them to speak. The question for me is not simply what methods should be used but who should be interrogated and for how long after their capture should they be subject to more severe methods?

For example should we waterboard a low ranking taliban picked up on the battlefield? What would be the point? Similarly, there is no point to waterboarding a high ranking terrorist who's been in our custody for years but there is a point if you think the bastard has just planted a bomb.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Truth-inducing drugs are the answer, and to hell with laws about it.
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• "Truth serum" is a bit of a misnomer but I'd be surprised if they hadnt been used. If they have, and when it becomes known, there will be the same outcry against them.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• I miss the old Drake.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• You have a fondness for ducks?

Comment

• Sleep deprivation is certainly torture. And so is water boarding. Anyone who doubts it. Let me waterboard your mama. I'm serious. I will terrorize that beeyatch. Make her insane.

Comment

• I was setting off your mom's gag reflex last night.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I screwed your mom while she was pregnant with you. That's why you have my dickprints on your forehead.

Comment

• Is that what those tiny little marks are? I thought they were pores...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X