Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me, or are tattoos an utter waste of money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At class last night I sat next to a girl with "HH" tattooed to the back of one of her hands. I think she went to Highland High, a high school here, and made an ignorant choice of tattoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis View Post
      I actually considered getting one at one time, then I realized. These are an utter waste of money!!!!!!!!!!! They do absolutely nothing
      actually, not true.

they look remarkably ugly, and keep looking more & more out of their place as the skin under them gets older, as you too have observed.

and look like **** in 10 years. Why would I waste money on that? It's not like a tattoo will help me get laid. I can take the money I save, and buy a whore for the night.
      if you're suspecting that getting a tattoo will help you with chicks, get a fake one. you know, one of those kids' tattoos, just get a black-colored one with a death-related theme. testing won't hurt you in any way, and you're well past the age when anyone would even remotely suspect that you're wearing anything but a permanent tattoo.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
        Tattoos are like any other art; some are good and some are not.
        well, yeah. that's actually a pretty good way of putting it. I've just never seen any that have conformed to my artistic tastes.

I have a demon skull on my left pec which I acquired when I was a soldier.
        it'll look bad-ass as long as your pecs will stay in shape

Comment

I was watching a show that was interviewing a woman with an excessive amount of tattoos and she commented that she got them so she would never have to worry about being stuck in a cubicle doing 9 to 5.

After listening to her talk for a bit, the tattoos where completely unnecessary.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            I was watching a show that was interviewing a woman with an excessive amount of tattoos and she commented that she got them so she would never have to worry about being stuck in a cubicle doing 9 to 5.

After listening to her talk for a bit, the tattoos where completely unnecessary.
            I think I saw the same thing. My immediate reaction was that if she didn't want to be in a cubicle that badly, it should be far easier just to turn down any offer to sit in a cubicle from 9 to 5.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

or just not apply for any job like that.

Again it was more of look at me statement. Kind of like multiple facial piercings. People obviously aren't doing them because they think they make them look good.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So do tattoo parlours not have cubicles?

Not a devotee of such places then I have no idea, but I'd imagine that there is some way of etching two designs at once on different people, and their modesty is saved.

Comment

I'm thinking modesty is not a big problem.
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I have "F-I-G-H-T C-L-U-B" tattooed on my knuckles.
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

Sorry to hear you lost a finger Darius.

Comment

It was from a fight.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          If you're in the military you deserve to be cut some slack on anything that requires thought.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                            well, yeah. that's actually a pretty good way of putting it. I've just never seen any that have conformed to my artistic tastes.

it'll look bad-ass as long as your pecs will stay in shape

Well I'm almost 50 and still bench 350 lbs so I'd guess they're still OK.
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

You shouldn't be allowed to get a tattoo unless you've killed a man. That would make them meaningful and totally badass again.

Comment

Working...
                              X