Slow cooking!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow cooking!!

So with some of the Christmas money I got from my mom, I bought myself a nice, digital-timer slow cooker on New Year's day.

Today, I am using it for the first time. Before I left for church this morning, I put together a pot roast chuck, baby red potatoes, celery, brocolli, and baby carrots. When I got home later, I was welcomed by a really nice, mouth-watering aroma in my apartment; it will be done in about three hours now.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Sounds delicious. Slow cooking is a great concept, and usually makes for incredible food.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I slowcookers/crockpots.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
        So with some of the Christmas money I got from my mom, I bought myself a nice, digital-timer slow cooker on New Year's day.

Today, I am using it for the first time. Before I left for church this morning, I put together a pot roast chuck, baby red potatoes, celery, brocolli, and baby carrots. When I got home later, I was welcomed by a really nice, mouth-watering aroma in my apartment; it will be done in about three hours now.
        Let us know how it works out

As an alternative, try some Lipton Onions Soup Mix in the bag sprinkled,

Looking forward to hearinf about it
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

slow cooking

Last week I made a nice beef & lamb stew with potatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, celery, carrots and jalapenos.

I love making chili in the slow cooker as well.

As an alternative, try some Lipton Onions Soup Mix in the bag sprinkled,
          Yes! Do this!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Crockpots appear to be an endlessly fascinating topic for many Poly denizens...
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Is that because many Polyzens are experts on crocks?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm currently rocking some Beef & Barley soup, which will then be frozen into lunch for work for, oh, the next week.

Lonestar approves of slow-cookers.
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Sloww cooking

Comment

I know. The same thought went through my mind. I knew I irritated Mr. Fun, but I didn't know how much.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by AngieC View Post
                        Sloww cooking

Let me guess: Marinated beefsteak, sloww cooked, and then slathered in barbeque sauce.

Comment

DANG! Et tu, Zk?
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                            Let me guess: Marinated beefsteak, sloww cooked, and then slathered in barbeque sauce.
                            I thought this was a family site

Comment

I meant it as a compliment.

There's no cooking in the world better than Texas barbeque. "Sloww" cooking would have to combine standard slow cooking with barbeque. Am I right??

Comment

Working...
                              X