No announcement yet.

I don't like it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using Apolyton 2.0 wide if that helps at all.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      I'm trying to respond with a quote in IE but I keep getting a white page with the message "The website cannot display that page".
      Do you mean Quick Reply respond with quote, or pressing the Quote button?

Also, does changing skins make a difference?

Finally, what page is listed in the url bar as being not found?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Press the quote button. I can manually put a quote in but for some odd reason the quote button doesn't work for me. Neither does the quote+ button. It's very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          Press the quote button. I can manually put a quote in but for some odd reason the quote button doesn't work for me. Neither does the quote+ button. It's very odd.
          Can you please answer my other two questions?

Also, what happens if you click on Reply, and then select 'quote message in reply' like I did in this post? (and then type message in quick reply)

Comment

That's the link for IE when I hit the reply button. In IE I get the "the website cannot display the page" message. When I use FF then it is the same link but the page is blank white with no message.

I switched from Apolyton 2.0 wide to forum default and nothing changed. I will try the quick replay and get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post

Also, what happens if you click on Reply, and then select 'quote message in reply' like I did in this post? (and then type message in quick reply)

testing

That worked. I clicked on quote+ for your message, went to the quick reply box, and then checked "quote message in reply". So that at least works. It's just the reply and quote buttons (at the bottom of the post you want to respond too) which are not working for me.

Comment

Link One
                Link Two

Oerdin, can you tell me if clicking on either of these links works for you? You may have to log in over again on one of them.

Comment

In FF both links give me the blank white screen. In IE link one gives me the vBulletin Message board login screen; after I log in I once again get the "The website cannot display the page" message. With IE on link 2 I get the same server error but without the login screen.

Comment

Hmm, was hoping it was a proxy issue related to the wrong site. Hmm.

Can you clear your cookies on IE (or, alternately, try a browser you don't have cookies you care about) and try it again?

Comment

• I deleted all cookies in IE and tried again with the exact same results. The same HTTP 500 internal server error "the website cannot display the page" message.

Comment

• Could you try (on any given browser) to log in as
                        testoerdin

and see if that works, or still has the same problem? Just trying to narrow down if it's your login, or your browser.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post

It's working with the testoerdin login. What setting changed? Both link 1 and link 2 worked in IE after I cleared all cookies.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                            Could you try (on any given browser) to log in as
                            testoerdin

and see if that works, or still has the same problem? Just trying to narrow down if it's your login, or your browser.
                            Wow, I can quote people now!*

*= Using testoerdin login only.

Comment

• I don't actually know what the problem is - I just know that it it's not a browser problem since it works with a different user Some user setting, probably.

Comment

• I guess I'll just have to keep switching settings one at a time and see if one of them fixes the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X