Grandpa & Mrs.Troll's Washington D C Vacation December 26-January 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandpa & Mrs.Troll's Washington D C Vacation December 26-January 4th

Where to start, got to Fredericksburg VA and the backup started!

I will say a lot has changed from 20 years ago when we lived here, most noteable is the "mixing bowl" is gone, where 395-495,95 and 644 all converged

This is what I dont miuss about D C, the traffic, took 2.5 hours from Fredericksburg to Just west of Tysons Corner on Leesburg Pike, but we got here, checked in and headed out to the Dunn Loring Metro

This was our first try at a Metro and was very easy, Orange Line to Metro Center, switch to Red Line by going upstarirs then 1 stop east to the Galleria, exit 7th and F and enter the Verizon center.

We really enjoyed the game, and saw some decent action
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Us at the game

Comment

A couple of bad Sabres in the penalty box

Comment

Pretty Caps girls

Comment

So, you feel confident that your return to civilization will be morally intact?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Donald Brashear played a great game!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              So, you feel confident that your return to civilization will be morally intact?
              Yes, when I play more Call To Power

Comment

This guy played awesome as well

Comment

I bought me a Canon digital for Christmas. Yeah, I know. Real big of me. Anyway, first camera I've had in a very long time. I have to read the manual. Also, I ordered a printer for it. So, once I get these manuals read, I should be good to go.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

All I do is download to desktop, upload to Photobucket and post away!

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics Slowwhand!

Today, when we get up, we will head back to city, probably Smithonian and then tonight we will be at DC Improv, near Dupont Circle and catch DC Benny

Tommorrow night we will be at The Kennedy Center for the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber(Cats,Phantom of the Opera,Jesus Christ Superstar to name a few)

Comment

It looks like y'all are having a really good time. That's great.

Comment

Go Caps
                        Sabres Suck
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Smithsonian

I love those museums (especially the American History one). And the Kennedy Center . You should have a blast.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Enjoy the break though you seem to be already!
                            Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Smithsonian

I love those museums (especially the American History one). And the Kennedy Center . You should have a blast.
                              I'll post some pics later, but went to DC for a short visit today and was very impressed with the Freer Art Gallery, its featuring Asian and mid eastern art, have many pics, was very informative,

We had lunch at the Air and Space Museum but ddnt stay long.

it was a little humbling, as we stood and gazed above our eads, at the V-1 Rocket, which was used to attack London before the dreaded V-2

It is just above your head in the lobby, and to imagine, the carnage and devastation it wreaked havoc upon the citizens which were in its path

Tommorrow, we will spend maybe half a day down there again, to the left of where the Metro dumps you at, are two buildings, American history and History, IIRC
                              from the map, but so much to take in

We are soon to depart for the Improv, have some supper there then catch the show

I will say this, its refreshing, on vacation, and people wanting to help, instead of a negative attitude and acting like they are doing you a favor

Ok, I will post more later or maybe tommorrow, until then

Peace

Gramps

Comment

Working...
                              X