Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rev. Rick Warren to give the invocation on Inauguration Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elok
    Give us another generation with Roe v. Wade to galvanize us and we'll win no matter what laws you put on the books. You won't have anyone to perform abortions. Let's make abortions technically legal, theoretically safe and absurdly rare
    We'll just have to introduce culling. Start with anyone who listens to Rush Limbaugh more than 2/week.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• That might save you, but you won't do it. No, you'll just keep screeching about keeping laws off your body and refusing to stifle morons who refer to fetuses as "parasitic growths" in public. And you'll continue pouring money into campaigns to ensure that nobody nominates a justice to SCOTUS who has ever so much as thought about overturning Roe, although that ruling basically created the Pro-life movement.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok
        Actually, there was an article in the WaPo magazine a few weeks back that said doctors are choosing to work in abortion at far too low of a rate. There's something about the fear of assassination combined with the constant picketing that turns them off (plus it isn't fun to begin with). Give us another generation with Roe v. Wade to galvanize us and we'll win no matter what laws you put on the books. You won't have anyone to perform abortions. Let's make abortions technically legal, theoretically safe and absurdly rare
        Actually it's just not the sort of thing someone who gives 12 years of his life to post-high school study is likely to want to do. Do you know any kids who are saying: "When I grow up I want to do abortions?" For one thing a lot of insurance carriers don't pay for abortions, and the population segment that wants them generally isn't well off, hence it's not a "promising" career track. Also, most Ob-Gyn graduates will join a multi-physician practice where they will do primarily obstetrics for their first 10 years or so, being a junior partner. Eventually they'll get be allowed to specialize in the more profitable gynecology. Gyn surgery is where the bigger bicks are in Ob-Gyn. Most Ob-Gyns who do abortions will wind up in solo practice and likely that's all they'll do, abortions, because they have no partners to take call for them.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

What practical effect do you think repealing DOMA will do? Massachusetts marriages still won't have to be accepted in other states under Full Faith and Credit jurisprudence.
          So in other words, those who did favor DOMA were only fooling themselves, because it had no pratical effect anyway.

There was no point in passing DOMA in the first place??
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Siddiqui says DOMA was pointless! Elok says abortions will remain technically legal! Elect a non-right-wing-nut and our so-called conservatives start sounding like they actually understand what's been going on. Amazing!
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

• Uh, I'm not generally very conservative. Abortion is pretty much the only issue I side with the GOP on. I classify myself as moderate because I don't get too excited about Dem initiatives either.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• What's a DOMA?
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                X