Legolas: the nerfing of the Fellowship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
    Well, I have been up for like 36 hours writing a paper on U.S.-Japan military cooperation.

"I'll have Jap anus relations for 200, Alex"
    "That's Japan-US relations, Sean"
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
      Actually, he's pure Silvan/Nandor AFAIK. Are you sure you're not confusing the elves of Mirkwood with the original Sindar under Thingol?
      His father, Thranduil, is a Sinda, we do not know his mother, so his blood is at least half Sindarin. The culture fusion in the Mirkwood kingdom leans much to the Silvan side, but still have recognizable Sindarin elements, Such the the royal palace complex modled after Menegroth, and Sindarin spoken among the upper class at least. 'Bloodwise' Nandorian silvan is likely the largest element, and the Sindar rather sparse, but with do not know the contirbution of the other silvan (of both the Nelyar and the tatyar) groups that have migrated from or fled the East which is controlled by Sauron.

The culture fusion and bloodlines in Lothlorien in the 3rd age is much more diverse than Mirkwood, with significant Noldorin and Sindarin additions to the original Nandor Silvan, as well at whatever other sivlan elements they have absorbed.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Getting close to 10 out of 10 on the old nerd scale.

IIRC, most of the elves will not work with, join a party with dwarves. Nonetheless, Tolkien does not explain why these reps about any other than Frodo and Sam.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I always knew that deep down lefty was more nerd then evil overlord.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
          X