Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bank robber drops 100,000$ on your feet, what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Well the bills could be marked (banks tend to put dye packs in bags of stolen bills).
    Well then the bank would be getting their money back (as soon as I noticed)
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
      Usually they're pre-placed in some bags in the vault and they make sure to give those ones to robbers.

Aside from marking, these days there is often a record of the serial numbers. If you get cash from a bank robbery it's idiotic to save it or even to spend it directly.
      Depends. Do they record as low as 20s or do they not bother for less than 100s?
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I've read news stories where denominations as low as $10 were tracked by serial number records, but that of course depends on the bank and what equipment they have. The Hayseed Bank of Bum**** probably wouldn't keep track at all.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

I'd probably return it.

BUT if it was one of those bags opens in mid air and money is swirling all around and a hoard of people are snatching it out of the air, I might grab a few and not return it.

I'm not sure why I would consider it different, but I think I would.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In actuality I would return whatever money I came into possession of which was not mine.

I have gone back to stores to return money when I realized that they handed me change for a 20 instead of a 10 (this has happened a couple of times) and have returned wallets with cash still in them to their owners.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
              Hell yeah! I'd keep it! Screw the banks, charity starts at home!
              Seriously ! Good Central Bank Money ! No way - i am gonna carry it back to the bank - any bank...

Let´s see - my bro works his butt off, but doesnt earn what he´d deserve. So does a buddy of mine. Well, he doesnt work that much, but it´s elderly care and that is not adequately paid IMO. Nor are street workers, so i might drive down a highway with a construction site and just drop a bag with a couple of thousands and a note saying ´share !´... These people would all take it, without being too concerned about where it came from.

Then i´d send my mum on a trip to egypt, as i promised her, when i was a kid. This wouldnt be so expensive as to make her overly suspicious.

The rest would be some kind of emergency money somewhere, where noone ever looks (probably my underwear ) and i´d keep ´studying´ forever, since i had no problems with the fee anymore...

Of course most of this is just because spending it all for myself would probably sell me to the cops...

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                In actuality I would return whatever money I came into possession of which was not mine.

I have gone back to stores to return money when I realized that they handed me change for a 20 instead of a 10 (this has happened a couple of times) and have returned wallets with cash still in them to their owners.

It´d be so much easier, if you guys had bills that would differ in size, corresponding to their value. When i was in the states, i had to go through bills when paying like a granny fingering for chance, trying to figure out what was what and always being terribly afraid, that i´d end up spending 100$ for something worth one. Its not color-coded either ! And do you have braille on them ? Neither, do you ? Crazy...

Comment

The fun question would have been though: ´What do you do, if your kid grabs money that a bank robber lost, comes up to you and asks you what to do with it ?´

Then of course, i´d be all like: ´Jezz - you cant keep that !!! Give it to me´. And that would be about all i´d do...

Comment

You know, UM, you can just sort the cash in your wallet, like a sane OCD person ... then you pull on one side for $20s, the other for $1s.

Also, don't carry around $100s.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Edit: Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11

It´d be so much easier, if you guys had bills that would differ in size, corresponding to their value. When i was in the states, i had to go through bills when paying like a granny fingering for chance, trying to figure out what was what and always being terribly afraid, that i´d end up spending 100$ for something worth one. Its not color-coded either ! And do you have braille on them ? Neither, do you ? Crazy...
                        Don't complain to me. Canada has differently coloured bills.

Different size would be annoying, though.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Different sized bills suck.

What idiot can't sort the bills in his wallet?
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

What wallet ?

@KH: Sorry - for some reason i cant see the flags lately - and i didnt remember yours - so i just assumed you were from the states...

@Boris: Well, it´s like having traffic lights without color scheme - not really a problem without, but why not have it ?

As for differently sized bills: I know americans find them annoying as they have a problem pretty much like mine, described above, with them: They are afraid they have 5´er wrapped in the 20 they are paying with... Shouldnt really be a problem though, since sorting the bills just the way described by Snoopy solves that one also. But i can understand the issue, if you are not used to it.

Anyways i prefer the Euro-bills... a 500€-bill is HUGE. No way you gonna confuse it with anything else. And risking to loose 5 because you had wrapped it in the 500 seems preferable to me rather then having the risk of loosing 495 because you (idiotically - okay - maybe hungover, in stress or whatnot) handed out 500 when you thought it to be 5. A blind person with ruined finger tips could handle Euro-bills. With dollars - not so much...
                            Last edited by Unimatrix11; December 16, 2008, 06:54.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Cashiers get in trouble when their money doesn't add up, so I return overages.

As for stolen bank money, I feel fairly safe in saying I'd probably keep it, unless I thought I'd get caught, which would include if I was with multiple people, since secrets multiplied don't keep.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Swedish money
                                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                                X